Where to get Crusie Control retro fitted (W. Midlands) ?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know of any places in the West Midlands (Birmingham area) that can and do retro fit cruise control to an Audi A3 2.0TDI ??

Hope you can advise ...

Many thanks

Edit - found this place - they state they will come to you (for a small charge) to do the fitting. Not sure if anyone here has used them before ?
http://www.vwcruise.com/index.html

The guy in your link did mine ........... fantastic job and couldn't have asked for a better service!!:icon_thumright:

The guy communicated every step of the way and turned up exactly at the time he said. He was extremely polite and proffesional
His work was neat and took approximately 1/2 an hour to complete. He then took me out on a test drive to make sure that I was happy that the car still drove correctly and ran through how the cruise worked.

I'd definately recommend him and let him work on my car any day. Shame the Audi 'technicians' at my local dealership aren't as conscientious when carrying out work.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=38557

Thanks for the Thumbs up for this guy - sounds like a real professional fit which you can't ask any more from !

One question after reading your original posting on the link - how come they replaced the indicator stalk ? I thought it was a new 2nd stalk fitted on the left side of the cluster ? smaller stalk just for the cruise ..?

I also notice from his site, they do many other retro-fits for the Audis - like folding mirrors, mfsw, dimming rear view mirror etc ... might be worth me having a job lot as the only "option" I have fitted to mine is the bluetooth ! feels a bit lacking in the options department :(

Many thanks

The cruise and indicator stalk is a single unit. So when you upgrade to cruise you remove the indicator module and replace it with one that has both stalks.

Paul

Thanks for the information, I was looking to have this carried out as well, I will drop him a line and take it from there:icon_thumright:

Looking at the photos on that guys site - it is hard to tell if it will be 1 new stalk or 2 stalks ...

Some of the photo's show the additional lower stalk for CC and some show it as a new indicator/combined stalk ...

Maybe it is down to year/model of the car ...?

I had the same confusion/query due to the conflicting photo's on the site.

The cruise/indicator stalk is definitely one combined new unit along with a replacement lower steering column cover to accommodate it.

It's a really simple job to install that anyone could do APART from the fact you have to re-calibrate the steering module via a laptop in some way.

From the photos it appears both the Passat and S3 on the site have Audi OEM style cruise stalks fitted. IMHO this is better than the combined stalk as it's easier to operate.

Yes I was wondering if the combined stalk is as "easy" to use as the dual stalk ?

Maybe coupe-se could offer thoughts on this ?

Thanks

On the 8P the cruise stalk and indicator is one unit. Appologies for the poor quality pictures (ebay!)

8c33_1.JPG

Thanks JohnS3 for the pics - this is how I imagined and have seen the cruise control arms in other Audi's.

But from the website mentioned at the top - there are photo's of this type of fitting and also a combined stalk fitting.

Not that it really matter if it is single or dual stalk ! just pondering !

I have emailed the guy to see what would be fitted to my model of Audi for clariffication. Will let you know any replies.

Regards.

Just if anyone wants to know:

Had a very speedy email back from Gareth and it is just as JohnS3 has shown in his pictures above.

For my model (2007 A3 TDI 2.0 140) it will be a dual stalk item fitted (all Audi parts).

Thanks all for you help/advice etc