LHD/RHD Headlamp adjustment *URGENT*

cha1n

Reaction score
Hi people desperately in need of help on this one as i'm off of work because my car has no MOT until this is solved.

I upgraded my prefacelift to facelift headlamps (A3 1.8T S) and i've come around to MOT time and they are failing my light pattern.

From what i can remember there were levers inside the headlamps to swap the lamp between LHD and RHD. I've had the headlamp covers off and looking inside there is only a lever on the N/S headlamp and the O/S has no lever. Does this sound correct? Even if someone with this conversion could quickly whip off the cover on their drivers side headlamp and see if there is a lever in the bottom RHS of the headlamp (facing the front of the car). I'm not sure what to do if there is supposed to be a lever, perhaps the mechanic snapped it off trying to fiddle with the headlamps.

There used to be images in threads on here indicating the position of the lever but all the images have died. Thanks for any help.

I have a lever on both of my faclift headlights.
But mine are from a RHD car so may be different but thought all the facelift lights were the same