fitting chrome S3 pedals - A3 S Line

richjohnhughes

Reaction score
read a couple of threads here - and thanks for the advice.

got the brake pedal off and replaced in about 30 seconds - great

gas pedal - bolt came off no problem.

managed to get the two clips at the bottom off after a while and some brute force - thinking i'm on the finish line and all happy........then couldnt for the life of me get the chuffing plug off at the top of the pedal. went and spanned the clip in the process - lovely.

any ideas - apart from walking into Audi with a red face?

cheers
:motz:

I was also quite worry when I changed mine to Aluminum pedals. I read some posts and followed the instruction, that plug on the gas pedal can cause problems.

Try this link: http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A3/Alloy%20Pedal%20Set.pdf

I was well prepared that the plug might be hard to unplug. But I gave it some force (really, some force) and it came out.

Good luck! :icon_thumright:

thanks for the reply.

i did read a thread on the same lines as that one. it is very fiddly to say the least.

once you have fully depressed the clip (that i broke) does it click and stay depressed or do you have to do it at the same time as pulling (with my third hand)

I held on to the clip and pulled at the same time. I really gave it some force and it came out quite quickly. I have heard from others that theirs costed them some skin and blood!

there is ****** all to hold on to tho - might take it into someone and give them a fiver.

One more thing ... I tried to first depress the clip, then I actually push it towards the plug before I pulled it out very quickly.

I skinned my knuckles on the 3 occasions I have done this, I found using an adjutable spanner to hold the insertion part the easiest method but brute force definetly required.

Exchanging the wifes this weekend so I'd better get the plasters ready

interesting --

so do you need to push it down towards to bottom of the pedal - or in - as in pinching together.

but it deffo clicks once its ready to come out?:icon_thumright:

push it ALL the way down until you hear a click, then it slides out very easily with no force

it will then stay depressed until you replug it back in whereby you need to plug it in hard until it returns to its default position and again clicks in

ok - so i managed to get time to have anpother go at this today.

5 mins all done. no blood and all finger nails still attached.

if anyone else is looking at doing it -

the clip for the wires looks like you pinch it togther - hence me and other snapping it off. you push the whole grey part down and into the pedal, wait for the click and away u go.

many thanks to all who helped.

:icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
Where did you guys order from, I was gonna order from the oem. plus website, mines a DSG. Thanks

got mine from erm......ebay.

some guy over in germany - £40 plus postage.

was a little worried if you want the truth - but all ok. (even took the old gas pedal with me, first time out, just in case.)

marms said:
Search German eBay for Pedale a3

But watch out or you may well buy a set of pedals for a LHD car !

or buy them in the UK from VAGParts.com

I'm after a set for a dsg, is there right and left pedal for these too, or was that a really pony question.:sorry:

TDI-line said:
I'm after a set for a dsg, is there right and left pedal for these too, or was that a really pony question.:sorry:

Dan,

Yep thats a pony question :moa:

The Accelerator pedal is handed. So you need a RHD version. And don't forget, the DSG accelerator pedal is different from the manual transmission.

The DSG brake pedal is the same.

Both are available on the vagparts.com website.

I have just replaced mine for S3 pedals, sorry my local Audi dealer replaced mine for the total sum of £0.00. Quick,easy and painless.:icon_thumright:

Take a look at the pics, I am assuming that the plugs are the same across the board (Seat, Audi, VW etc)

I fitted some R32 pedals into my Leon FR TDI, the plug was easy to sort.

DSCF0184.jpg

The above pic shows the fitted R32 pedal, the thing to note is the little red clip.

To remove the plug, push the clip upwards along the line of the loom leading from the plug up into the foot well, it acts like a wedge and prevents inadvertent unplugging of the acc pedal in flight.

To refit, simply plug the loom and push the red clip back down into the body of the clip, it (on my car) didn't act like a spring clip found on engine looms.

On my friends car it was a grey clip, and i have seen black ones too.

The changeover took 15mins, including warming the new rubber up with some hot water.

i will try and get a pic tomorrow of the plug removed, to show the clip better.

Hope that this helps.

Dave R

Just got my pedals fitted. No problem with the wiring connector thanks to the advice here.

Only little snag was realising that the 2 floor clips work in different directions; the one on the left is released by pushed the locking tab to the right and the clip on the right is released by pushing the locking tab in towards the engine.

Jo

hello guys, im new to this forum and found it whilst searching on our to install the pedals. I fitted the cluth and brake pedals in no time at all. Then came the accelator pedal! lol i managed to remove the bolt and the clips at the bottom easily enough, however i could not for the life of me unclip the wiring plug! i then gave up as i did not want to damage the wiring and put the pedal back. At this point i found this site and i have to say what a excellent site and instructions on this thread. i wen back and push the grey clip until i heard it click and stayed put, then it slid out easy. i have now successfully managed to install the s3 pedals and they look awesome.