RNS-E / GSM and Nokia N series phones

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that there is a problem getting the Nokia N series (N73 and N95 in particular) from working with the GSM phone prep.

Making and receiving calls works ok, but the address book, or the name of the person ringing you on incoming calls is not displayed. This is due to the operating system used on these phones.

There are 3rd party applications to enable this, Nokia provide one of these, but I cant seem to get it working.

Has anyone here managed to get a Nokia N series working fully? If so what is the secret?

that hotfix is listed as being for the 616 carkit, however it gets the contacts to work with a host of devices - smartphones, Garmin SatNav units, and the GSM phone prep in the Audi.

I have tried this on a Nokia N95 which didn't work. It just sat there saying 'processing' for ages. The process I followed is..

Delete partnership with car on phone
Start the contact application
Pair with the car
Attempt to sync address book

Any ideas, am i doing it wrong?

Craig who installed my sat nav and bluetooth said that the Audi kit in the A3 wont work with the N95..only the mmi in the A6/Q7 etc will work:no:

Hence why I got a works HP Ipaq instead of the N95

This is now fixed for A3/A4 as long as you have the "Q" version phone module and the Nokia 810 contacts download manager.

I have tested an N95 with the Audi phone prep / RNS-E and I can see my phone book from the phone memory.

S8Craig - sorry for soundng thick, but how can you tell you have the Q version of the phone module please

Only with VAG COM or from the dealer with VAS

Or a physical look at the module which is under the floor.

A simple test with the software will see if it works of course.

jasaudi said:
S8Craig - sorry for soundng thick, but how can you tell you have the Q version of the phone module please

Sorry for also being thick, i've downloaded the 810 software and installed it on my N95, i've got a 2007 S3 with RNS-E and GSM phone prep.

I can connect and use my N95 no problems at all, assuming I have the Q version of the phone module in my car how would I go about syncing the contacts?

I've tried "Sync contacts", there are 2 options - PCSuite and Orange, Orange is obviously to upload to orange space somewhere to save your contacts and the PCSuite (via BT to the car) does nothing so can someone give me a step by step guide to doing this?

Installed the Nokia 810 contacts download manager in my Nokia 6680 and now I can scroll trough the contacts in the DIS.
Executed the program in the phone, he asked if I wanted to turn the BT on, said yes, connected to the car and started downloading the contacts.
Should make this thread sticky, I have made some google searches and have never found a solution to this.

Doesn't work at all for me, I install the 810 contacts manager after deleting the pairing in bluetooth.

Start the download manager and I get "processing" for ages, nothing happens at all - load of pish.

S3IZZO said:
Doesn't work at all for me, I install the 810 contacts manager after deleting the pairing in bluetooth.

Start the download manager and I get "processing" for ages, nothing happens at all - load of pish.

I didn't delete the pairing like he asked, I told him to start importing immediately.
Maybe that's it... Should give it a try, nothing to loose.

You're right though, a load of money and just a few phones are compatible with this crap.