288mm to 312mm much difference?

joshW

Reaction score
I was planning on upgrading my brakes to 312mm, i was looking to get a full upgrade off ebay, run the standard discs and pads for a while until i had money to upgrade to ferrodos and black diamonds, but i realised yesterday that there is NO life left on my inside pads so need to get some sharpish.

so should i go for good pads now,and wait for an upgrade to come along with decent discs for a while or just get good discs and 288 discs? will there be much difference between a 288 and 312 setup?

cheers,
josh

between 288mm and Ferodo/BD and a standard 312mm?

the 288mm are WAY better

ive got a set of 312 caliper and discs, pads are 1/4 at most gone and i have a set of new OMP pads if your interested?

Worst to best in order:

Anything that uses EBC Discs/Pads
288mm standard discs/pads
312mm standard discs/pads
288mm Ferodo/BlackDiamond
312mm Ferodo/Black Diamond
4 Pot Brake Upgrades

s3ollie said:
ive got a set of 312 caliper and discs, pads are 1/4 at most gone and i have a set of new OMP pads if your interested?

PM sent!

josh

on my golf turbo i went from 288 to 312 black diamond and theres no contest bd are so much better. im thinking of upgrading to bd on my s3 at the mo.

upgraded from standard to 312mm cross drilled and grooved Taorx Sport japan's. Best I could get with out proper upgrades!

And they stop pretty well too!! Never had to really find out what they can do, but so far I've not had ABS on yet, and i've not gone easy on em!

IMPORTANT - If you upgrade to 312, you'll need to change the caliper carriers else they'll not fit.

LaSarthe&Back said:
upgraded from standard to 312mm cross drilled and grooved Taorx Sport japan's. Best I could get with out proper upgrades!

And they stop pretty well too!! Never had to really find out what they can do, but so far I've not had ABS on yet, and i've not gone easy on em!

IMPORTANT - If you upgrade to 312, you'll need to change the caliper carriers else they'll not fit.

yep i know that cheers!

josh