Bit of a project going on

Markey

Reaction score
Im bored of not tinkering with cars so im going to spend some of the Silvia fond on the old girl.

Well she failed her MOT because of the power steering pump which was fine when i took the car in but anyway while the font of the car is off im going to replace all the belts including the cam belt, water pump, intercooler hoses, induction hose, dump valve, N75J valve ( can increase boost by 2psi), actuator which is very floppy, 3" cat replacement, front sunb mount (get rid of unwanted engine movement), possibly colivers, full milltec cat back, and maybe a front mount IC :) here are some pics so far.

I have orderd most of the bits pics to follow.

Got the air con condensor and rad, bumper and other crap out the way now i have total access to the front of the 1.8T lump :)
DSC00269.JPG
http://www.kentpcworkshop.co.uk/Audi/DSC00269.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

While fiddeing with the water pump i noticed it was very stiff so could be the cause of my slightly lumpy idle, its being replaced anyway as its sill not to do it as you have to remove the cam belt to change it.

DSC00272.JPG

Rusty old actuator getting replaced for sure the thing flops about all over the palce, it can't be holding me any boost

DSC00273.JPG

Air box out giving me more access to the downpipe and turbo :)

Well in mate, good to see people tackling stuff themselves. I wish i was that brave!

Yeah been playing with cars for years, i will always attempt these things myself to save a few pennies that way i can spend them on nice bits :) the only bit i am not looking forward to is the coilovers.
On my last A4 it took me an hour to drill out one of the bolts as it was rusted tight as a nuns chuff :(

Its the green bottle of fluid that Citroen use in their suspension.

Oh yeah, thats the dads i was using the empty bottle to drain the power steering pump.

wow! i wish i was as confident as you!

do you mind giving us a hand when i do the K04 conversion?

great stuff, keep us posted all the wy with pics :icon_thumright:

Yeah im just going to get stuck in im annoyed that the parts are going to take so long to get in.. Yeah no probs on the K04 i can give advice on that conversion :)

I have just ordered my facelift headlights and they are chcking bits of the loom in free so i can make my own up which was great.
Motors in Motion Audi breakers :)

dsc00007.jpg

SSSSSWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

what year is your car?

howmuch did you pick them up for? i was thinking about going for the angel eyes! might reconsider if these work out cheaper.

thanks mate.

thanks mate, will be intouch. ive got my exhaust manifold and the FMIC with oil cooler!

the porsche brakes, S4 clutch and uprated controls arms are on there way from the US! koni shocks + eibach springs, apr R1 DV and BMC CDA on its way also.

im going to try and do as much as i can the rest someone with experience will have to considering the only thing ive changed is a tyre lol!

what injectors did you go for? im hoping to run about 300bhp. and is milltek the only company that does hi flow CAT? priceis £470!!!

appreciate all your help mate.

Parts have started arriving today
Neuspeed snub mount
Standard actuator
New water pump air filter and wiper

Cleaning a few bits in the dishwasher
DSC00324.JPG

More Parts arriving
DSC00325.JPG

Sub Mount fitted this reduces the movement of the engine when changing gears and accelerating it makes a huge difference as the original is as thin as a washer and just rubbish.
DSC00326.JPG

Turbo off and removed rubbish actuator
DSC00327.JPG

BIG PROBLMS my waste gate has broken and is in my cat as i can hear it rattle so new turbo is now on the way... :( and :)
DSC00328.JPG

Sub Mount all bolted on with brackets that were fresh from dish washer
DSC00329.JPG

New Power Steering pump fitted
DSC00330.JPG

Rubbish turbo thats going in the bin ;)
DSC00331.JPG

Started to re-fit the cam belt
DSC00332.JPG

oh ******! what are you dump in her? a K04 maybe? :idea:

thanks for the pics mate!

its getting better by the minute! just watching you is giving me more alot more confidence to work on mine.

where did u get the snub mount?

I take it the turbo is directly attached to the CAT?

cheers.

Im thinking K04-15 as this is my daily driver and i do 400 miles a week and dont want it to drink to much petrol, and my fun car is going to be another Silvia so this just has to be nippy i am tempted by this though. http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-150&Category_Code=VVWTK
Been in contact with rippinralf on audizine and hoping to get one of his job lot if there still about.

Got the snub mount from awesome GTI cost about 21 quid i think much better considering how crap the original one actually was, Audi could have done much better.

Yeah the turbo is connected straight to the Cat, which i may replace as well, seeing as the wastegate has put holes in it.

Does your missus/mum know you put the bits in the dishwasher? I like your plane of thinkin, will save ages degreasing them!!
Will be keeping a close eye on this project, looks tasty!!
Best of luck fella!

Erm mum is on holiday thats why im doing it ;) i covered all the bits in oven cleaner first lol to make sure it ate throught all the grease :)

Markey said:
Erm mum is on holiday thats why im doing it ;) i covered all the bits in oven cleaner first lol to make sure it ate throught all the grease :)

lol ur the man! cheers will order one from awesome just palced an order with them last week lol!

that kit looks sweet, keep me posted might get one 1 too. doesnt look a hefty turbo thats going to drink fuel. keep me posted!

nice one :arco:

FMIC on the way, just need to dig out all my pipe and get some custom alu pipes fabbed up :)

fmic0.jpg

fmic1.jpg

snoop said:
look at you go, good modding action taking place, i like it.
LOL and i said i would not do anything to this one and wait for another Silvia oh well that went out the window :)

shineydave said:
not bad, you should change your name to Kerbside Motors. that's a far bigger job than i'd undertake without a garage.

love the dishwasher thing too, lol, oven cleaner indeed !!!

I know what you mean im used to it though had my old Silvia in pices becaus of turbo trouble so its all to common for me now, only thing im having trouble with is the cam belt which i have a mate popping round to look at "i hope" :)

Yeah the dishwasher is great at getting things clean with a bit of extra oven cleaner chucked in for good measure :) just dont put any fairy up liquid in.....

New headlights have arrived the very nice people at motors in motion sent me parst of the loom as well for free so its easier for me to make up my plugs :)
4 rings etc wanted £25 quid for it and hey guy on the phone is very unhelpfull..

DSC00369.JPG

Good progress.

Did your old car have a K04 as well or were you planning on getting one before? I remember speaking about it with you.

FMIC has arrived, i am very pelased with its quality overall and esp the core depth it should keep temps down nicely. I have a eye on the pipes im going to use to get the IC connected as well utilising most of the existing Boost hosing from turbo to throttle. I dont think its at all bad for £70 :)
Im going to pressure test it at the weekend ;) i dont fosee any problems
K04-015 has also been ordered from America KineticMotorsport very nice chaps so this should be with me next week :rockwoot:

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

Looking Good!!!!!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

for £70 absolute STEAL!

how much did the K04 cost? let us kno if customs let it slip hope they do mate! im waiting for the order from ECS, wonder how much theyll charge me!
:blownose: lol

Did you phone Kinetic Motorsport to place your order?? Or did you do it online? As i cant seem to select UK shipping.

These Ko4-15 turbos are a direct bolt on correct?

Andy.B said:
Did you phone Kinetic Motorsport to place your order?? Or did you do it online? As i cant seem to select UK shipping.

thats what they say lol! as far as i kno they are straight bolt ons.

Andy.B said:

You need to mail them directly speak to this guy devin.wing@kineticmotorsport.com
and say your dealing with an order for Mark Bishop already so they know the business is coming :)

All in it was 400+ cant rem exacylt i have asked them to label the box as second hand car parts as well so it may slip through the net ;)

Answering your question it is a direct bolt on replacment for the K03

dappadan786 said:
Looking Good!!!!!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

for £70 absolute STEAL!

how much did the K04 cost? let us kno if customs let it slip hope they do mate! im waiting for the order from ECS, wonder how much theyll charge me!
:blownose: lol

Its notmally the normal VAT cost isnt it 17.5% ??? im not 100% certain on that.

Markey said:
Its notmally the normal VAT cost isnt it 17.5% ??? im not 100% certain on that.

it something like tihs.

say if its £400, the add custom fees% (varies depending on part usually 2-10%) x 17.5VAT

is it coming via ups? if it is they add a broker charge!

the hoses i ordered they forgot to declare freight! what a **** up!

hoses cost £130 + £30 delivery

imprt VAT cost £13
broker charges £11.79

on the package it said car part samples usd declared amount $40.00, rang up UPS and they said zen racing dint list freight so customs estimated this figure of £45!!! doing this from memory.

lol cut long story short they wanted £58+VAT to recalculate!

hi mate, just an update got of the fone to kinetic motorsport and they use a special courier which means you shouldnt get hit with any VAT or custom fees!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Nice one :) i told them to put old car parts on it as well just incase :) nice to check up though nice one.

docurley said:
Should get them to state returned faulty parts that way it looks like it is being returned back to the UK so no VAT.

nice one Doc! will ring ECS later and see if they will do that for me!