Best Tyre Question!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys going down to APS again to get my H&R Arb's on at last! Got the H&R Suspension kit on it too also with 18" alloys so im hoping it will handle properly now!

After the ARB'S what else can i do to get my A3 1.8T to handle better?

Also MOT is due, Going to need tyres what tyres do you guys recommend not bothered about how they perform in the wet just want the best tyre in the dry!

Cheers

Jason

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3, Harder compound than the Toyo T1R but just as much grip.

voorhees said:
Yoko Parada spec 2

I'd second that, on my second set now and I've tried many different types.

Not great in the wet though but with 4WD/Haldex it just makes things more interesting ;)

Don't think I'd like Paradas on a front wheel drive car in the winter!

I've got F1 GSD3's on mine but i've also been reccomend Pirelli PZero's.

I'd say Advan A046's are the best performance wise - don't last long though!!

I have Pirelli P Zero Rosso on my current 17" wheels and they are DIRE in comparison to Toyo T1R and GSD3s.

I've got Avons on at the moment, they seem reasonable in whichever weather gets thrown at them. I've got some 2xPotenza's and 2xF1's to fit this weekend so I'll let you know how they fair against these

A3_Turbo said:
Hi guys going down to APS again to get my H&R Arb's on at last! Got the H&R Suspension kit on it too also with 18" alloys so im hoping it will handle properly now!

After the ARB'S what else can i do to get my A3 1.8T to handle better?

Also MOT is due, Going to need tyres what tyres do you guys recommend not bothered about how they perform in the wet just want the best tyre in the dry!

Cheers

Jason

Guys, read Jason's post properly. HE WANTS THE BEST TYRE FOR THE DRY.

Which I answered, Toyo R888 ;-)

Not sure he wants to spend £150 a corner though...

No £150 a corner is a bit steep for an A3.

£100 A Corner or a bit over would do me fine :D So Pirelli P zero Rosso's no good?

Jason

I find the P-Zero's 'OK'.

But compare them to GSD3's and they are severley lacking.

I have no experience of the Parada's but it does seem to be mainly S3 people running those.

As the A3 is most similar to the VW Mk4 chassis, I'd look to those people for guidance and 99.9% run GSD3s.

I have Bridgestone Potenza Re050's, they work well for me.

Dave_Bayern said:
I find the P-Zero's 'OK'.

But compare them to GSD3's and they are severley lacking.

I have no experience of the Parada's but it does seem to be mainly S3 people running those.

As the A3 is most similar to the VW Mk4 chassis, I'd look to those people for guidance and 99.9% run GSD3s.

I have changed wheels and fancied a different tyre and paradas were a popular choice but I had F1 Eagles on the previous alloys and they did well at Donny park and general road use so agree with Dave

Sorry, but I dont see the point of saying that one make of tyre is good for you if you haven't got anything for comparison.

On the S3, I have had the following (roughly six sets of wheels) :-

1. Pirelli P Zero Nero's
2. Michelin Pilot Sports
3. Toyo T1R's and S's
4. Kumho (cant remember the model but designed for track use, but not the out and out track day tyres they do)
5. Goodyear F1's
6. 2 Sets of Yokohama Parada's

I have to say the Pirellis were excellent in the wet. Mediocre at best in the dry.

The michelin Pilot sports were a particular favourite, they seem like a great all rounder and just pipped the Goodyears. Squealed like a stuck pig in the dry though but lasted eons.

Toyo's were ok, nothing to write home about.

F1's were just about on a par with the PS's.

But the winner for me is definitely the Parada's for the money. I get them for £70 odd each trade so I just can't go wrong. But I'll repeat that they are not as good as F1's or PS's in the wet.

Bridgestone Potenzas all the way, cant believe no one has mentioned them

Yeah ive got Bridgestone Potenza Re040's all round and im well happy with them.

What ever you do, do not, repeat, DO NOT buy from E TYRES!