new engine 2008

RHODIE

Reaction score
Just had a phone call from Audi customer services, apparently there will be a new engine in 2008 but they wont specify what.

3.6 maybe from vw range? isn't there a sporty passat with a 3.6 in? Maybe this is an RS3? That'll upset the S3 owners and no doubt all of a sudden there will be an influx of S3's on the market and hey presto values drop!

steve184 said:
3.6 maybe from vw range? isn't there a sporty passat with a 3.6 in? Maybe this is an RS3? That'll upset the S3 owners and no doubt all of a sudden there will be an influx of S3's on the market and hey presto values drop!

Mmmmm, not sure I like the sound of that. Still Audi have said that there won't be an RS3.

Regards, John.

well i read that the 1.4TSI will not make it into audis line up because it doesn't fit within audis 'up market image' - apparently the 1.4TSI can be made to easily outpt 200bhp as with the 2.0TFSI but with considerable less refinement due to the smaller size, it is this extra refinement that audi will want to keep to keep their brand values strong.

I can't see how it does fit nice tho? Cos you have the 1.8TFSI with 160bhp which in time will probably rise to 180bhp when the 2.0TFSI rises to the 220-230 mark.

Can't see how 'any' new engines can be introdued personally which don't severly overlap other engines already there - except a 3.6 which would probably be the most powerful one of the lot

The 1.4TFSI is pointless for the UK market.
It's Co2 rating is nearly as bad as it's bigger engined brethren,so there's no saving on roadtax or anything.
It would only make sense in countries that concentrate on engine size,rather than efficiency.

Why did they ring you tell you that then not tell you what the engine was? I dont get it? Do you work for Audi or something?

I heard a rumour there was going to be a 5 cylinder diesel from VAG chucking out around 200bhp

I had emailed CS to find out what changes were happening for the 2008 model and basically that was it.

Is it not more likely to be a 'green' engine than a performance one ?
VW are pushing their bluemotion range with a vengeance just now.

New common rail tdi engine -
Recently bumped into 3 random germans who were over here inspecting a factory that makes components for vw. The topic of cars came up and when i mentioed i had a 2.0 TDi A3 they started to talk about the engines and said that there was the new common rail enigines to be released soon.
These 3 gents had actually designed the engines - they commmented that they would be a vast imporvement over the current diesels available.

Maybe thats it ?