bose sub

adrian2006uk

Reaction score
qustion have bose stereo and the subs sound rubbish the reset of the standard speakers sound ok but the subs flap and phart and sound bad
is the any way of gettin them to sound better i do not want to change the standard head unit as i do not want to ruin the look of the dash so running a amp is not poss with the standard headunit anybody got any ideas the best way to do it

Swap it for a stealth sub. You will need to run a new amp, but this IS totally possible & easy with the stock HU (not sure why you think you can't). At around £300 (including sub, enclosure, amp & wiring) it is the biggest single upgrade you can do in the A3/S3.
SubCollageMidcopy.jpg

SubInstallS3Bosemid.jpg

now this looks like an idea instead of replacing my broken bose sh*te subs (if you can call them subs at 4" each!)

AndyMac do you have the diamentions and/or a how to for this please

hello mate how can i run a seperate amp for the box with standard head unit and where can i get the box and stuff from

I provide the enclosures, which are custom made from 18mm MDF. I wouldn't recommend making one yourself as there's a lot of work and it took me 3 versions to get it right. The enclosure on it's own is £95 (satin black with wadding, wiring, gold terminals & brackets), the JL Audio 6W04 6.5" sub is £85 and I can supply the amp as well if required. I only use Alpine V12's sourced off ebay & fully tested, either 2 channel T505's 300wrms bridged for Bose system or 4 channel F400's for non Bose system (as the rears are powered by the sub amp).

But youy'll be DEAF in a few years.......DEAF I SAID ANDYMAC

Andy- is the sound difference remarkable better between the standard bose sub and the enclosure,amp and sub you supply?
i would be interested in buying one off you, the standard sub can sound reasonable on some music but its not perfect.
if you supplied the amp, sub, enclosure how easy is it to fit?

Can i just add that the Andymac Bose upgrade is a work of art, I've had mine fitted by myself for a couple of years now and it makes a huge difference over standard.

It is a drastic improvement, cleaner punchier bass, at much lower bass settings on the HU, so the cabin speakers are freed up from trying too hard so it also improves the clarity at the top end.
PM me your mail address and I'll send you the instructions. It's not complicated just time consuming, takes me 4 hours to install.

can you run the Andymac sub off the bose amp or does it require and extra one

s3ollie said:
can you run the Andymac sub off the bose amp or does it require and extra one
The Bose Amp is 4 channel, so runs the 4 speakers and tweaters in the car, the sub has it's own mini Amp which is a circuit board the size of a fag packet with a few things stuck onto it, so you will need a seperate Amp to run it... with the instructions that Andy will supply you, it will be hidden inside the rear quartter panel next to the rear seats. :)

Hi all,

Ive just got my A3 and it has the 2 little subs in the boot, just above is the cd changed, then to the right of the changer is another..thing?!? which looks like another changer? but isnt!

I have Sat Nav and TV so is it something to do with that?

Cheers

Dave

that is a really nice looking sub-box. very cool and clean. i hate seeing literal "boxes" that just sit in the middle of somebodys trunk. it looks so messy and unfinished.

anyways, how it is attached?

cheers!

Cossie_boy said:
Hi all,

Ive just got my A3 and it has the 2 little subs in the boot, just above is the cd changed, then to the right of the changer is another..thing?!? which looks like another changer? but isnt!

I have Sat Nav and TV so is it something to do with that?

Cheers

Dave

Yes it holds the data disc for the Sat Nav.

Andy

Can you let me have the fitting instructions also....been thinking about and ready good things about your stealth sub for a while now.

Cheers
Marcus

PS anybody in or around Bristol with one of these for a sound demo?

Yes, I'm pretty sure he is still making them. Best upgrade I did on mine!

He even has one for the 8P now.

PM andymac for pricing etc.

Cheers,

Thanks for the praise Ali, yes I'm still making them, 72 sold and still going strong!

Hello

Im new 2 the forum had my S3 a month and a half now and need 2 sort out the bose sub. As it's not up 2 much I would like 2 run an amp with sub with oem H/U can someone help. all I need 2 know is how 2 wire it up I can make the box as Im a chippie.

Last edited:
that does look the tittys andy mac. how bigs the face of your enclosure? could you fit a square kicker as those small little feckers thump? i would love to have my whole boot back but i love my 2 12"s to much

i assume you cant mount a sub in the other side as well?

Last edited:
Iv just fitted a AMSS, and it sounds the daddy, i was massively surprised how much bass is given out by the tiny sub. Couldnt be doing with subs in the boot, ruins the image for me

Just PM AndyMac for pricing. I think he still does a fitting service as well, if you can get to the Portsmouth area.

Cheers,