Brembo's Fitted

scib4

Beep-Beep!
Reaction score
Well finally my Brembo's are painted and on :D
Before

After

The only problem is that i now need to sell my Bling-Bling 8) wheels as they hit the caliper because of the spoke design :cry: :lol:

Feels a lot more positive already with only 20 mile done, roll on the next track day :roll:
Mike

looks nice! if you'd have said you were getting rid a week ago i'd have made you an offer!!! :(

Dave

I would need to run about 20mm spacers up front, would that extra leverage not put stress on wheel bearings etc.

What would i run on the back.

Mike

p.s. they are 8" wide with a 35mm offset.

nothing that i can see.....

its curbed on one spoke in both pics!"

brembos look awesome man! shame they dont clear your wheels :(

Looking good!

How much are the rims going for?

How much did you pay for the GT kit? I've been looking but I might aswell buy brand new for the amount I'd be saving

which hoses did you use in the end fella still interested if you had the Spare ones

scib4 said:
I would need to run about 20mm spacers up front, would that extra leverage not put stress on wheel bearings etc.

What would i run on the back.

Mike

p.s. they are 8" wide with a 35mm offset.

My 8" wide et35 RS4 reps (winter wheels) need 16mm spacers to clear the calipers. I replaced a bearing that was on its way out, but that's to be expected on a car of its mileage. I'm running 10mm spacers at the rear.

I bought calipers and brackets identical like those - from the VW/Audi/Seat dealer! There was a Seat Leon Cupra that had those brakes as standard fit. I bought them two years ago but since then the prices have been upped a bit. I paid close to noting for them, like £200 brand new for a pair with caliper brackets. All I need now is discs and hoses! It might be worth while to check out S2forum.com and do a search there for the p/n's and then check with the stealers how much they are these days - I recon it should be cheaper than buying a GT kit!

Anyway - looks good! Hope they feel as good as they look too!

Cheers

The Seat dealers have got wise, the calipers are around 280-300 each!

The caliper carriers are 100 each.

Discs are nearly 90 each.

Much cheaper to go with a GT kit or if you are lucky like I was on my 8L S3 getting them from a scrappy off a written off Cupra R for 550!

How much are the rims going for?

Not to sure if i should sell them to fund the handling mods or run them with spacers? So if you want to PM me a offer feel free. Fitted with Toyo Proxes T1-Ss with 5mm + front and 6mm + rear. More pics available :)

which hoses did you use in the end fella still interested if you had the Spare ones

Used the Brembo hoses in the end mate as the Goodridge ones where a little to short. So also for sale S3 Goodridge hoses front and rear with stainless ends. PM me :)

Do the new Brembo calipers have the caliper bolts in grey/slver, as mine are completely red.

Been repainted, also thought i would make look a bit different by not painting the bolts :)

getting them from a scrappy off a written off Cupra R for 550!

The only thing i would say about that is make sure there is plenty of life left in the discs and pads as its not cheap to replace them:)

Mike

scib4 said:
Used the Brembo hoses in the end mate as the Goodridge ones where a little to short. So also for sale S3 Goodridge hoses front and rear with stainless ends. PM me :)

Mike

I ve just brought a complete setup of a Leon, do u know if the hoses that i ve got from the seat will fit my S3...? Or will i need some fancy ones..if so what do i need..

Cheers

Yep 99% certain it's a perfect fit,It's the Leon braided hoses thats on my S3

Hi,
I have been reading on the forum for some time now.
I have a set of leon callipers but I need to repaint them before putting them on my S3. How did you repaint them, what's the paint code and how did you manage to keep the brembo decal. Did you use 2 pac? Laquer?
Please help, I have been looking for and info on this and here is the only place I found something.
Paul

You can buy the brembo decals off ebay mate, painting calipers is pretty simple im sure some1 has done a write up

painting calipers is pretty simple im sure some1 has done a write up

I have paint guns and I am able to do a bit of spraying, thats no problem, Just what sort of paint to use?? 2k? Is 2k good enough at temperatures brakes get to??