how very dare you put this thread on here!

shufti

Reaction score
I know loads of you hardcore rs6 owners will be frowning at this thread but come on....... at least I don't have a 1.8t or a diesel!
Anyway...... i'm putting an rs6 rear bumper on my 4.2 quattro for looks and I obviously i need to do something with the exhausts as my 2 are the hidden type.

Does anyone know if 2 original rs6 backboxes will be an easy replacement to my current stock 2? Or am I better off getting something aftermarket made up? If I do go that route I have the worry of looking boy racer and that's not what I want. It's nothing to do with performance for me a my 300 bhp is more than enough.

A quick respose would be really appreciated as I've been offered the rs6 backboxes and need to make a decision on them.

cheers

I'm sure it will fit buddy might just need some tweeking here and there!
Mounting maybe slightly different

If you can get a picture of the underside and will do the same post them up and have aquick look to see if they are the same

we got movement in the RS6 section :)

i would'nt worry too much about it looking boy racerish shufti, after all there will be lots of unmistakable V8 noise coming out of it and chavs generally go for cars with very little horsepower and that 'broken backbox' type noise. ive been dying to give a boy racer a good pasting in mine but i think they are scared of it as it sounds like a lambo with the milltek on!

SteveS said:
i would'nt worry too much about it looking boy racerish shufti, after all there will be lots of unmistakable V8 noise coming out of it and chavs generally go for cars with very little horsepower and that 'broken backbox' type noise. ive been dying to give a boy racer a good pasting in mine but i think they are scared of it as it sounds like a lambo with the milltek on!

Yours sounds like a lambo yeah right and my 225 with a remus duplex sounds like a v10 dodge rar!!!!!

Reference to your comment 'at least i dont have a diesel or 1.8t', i have a diesel, i know its a diesel, i wont be trying to turn it into something its not!!! Unlike yourself, and whilst were here why did you buy a mickey mouse V8 and not a proper one????? P L O N K E R

Not Bad! post still getting responses a Year down the line :)
But the question is did he fit RS6 back boxes to his V8 ???

I think over 75% of people on this forum are 1.8T or diesel owners.....
Anyway....Did you ever get your £20 Ebay bumper on? What color code you get from halfords?
I D I O T. . . . .

I remember this thread last year, was an **** then & still I read it as the guy being an **** now

1.8t s are one of the most tunable engine's around, there are a few running around the 1000bhp mark in the states, ****** me of when people think a 1.8t is a slow car, obviously doesnt know much about audi's, KNOB

Reference to your comment 'at least i dont have a diesel or 1.8t', i have a diesel, i know its a diesel, i wont be trying to turn it into something its not!!! Unlike yourself, and whilst were here why did you buy a mickey mouse V8 and not a proper one????? P L O N K E R

Why so mickey mouse?

Why so mickey mouse?