Boost gauges

macattax

Reaction score
I saw this on another forum but the link to get it working doesn exist anymore.
Basically it shows a display of you boost pressure at the top of the DIS in the radio portion of the DIS. I would be very very grateful if somone could tell me how to set this up. Here is the link

Another option I was looking at looks very nice as it keeps the oem look, but it only mentions it being used on an S4 B5 . Boost gauge is incorporated into the dash on tachometer . I would love to know if this would work on an A4 B5.
Viddy this

I would prefer to use one of these methods as the vent gauge and the wheel mounted gauge in my eyes are so ugly that it takes away from the car. At this stage I am looking for better options that fit the oem look as I now need to fit a boost gauge before I do any more mods to the car.

Hope someone has more info on these 2 options. The DIS one looks like the most simple way of setting one up.

Wow that would be great to have in the DIS, hope its not too hard to get installed. Although the one in the tach is kinda cool as you can see how the engine speed & amount of boost interact with each other kinda thing ;P

Rich said:
Wow that would be great to have in the DIS, hope its not too hard to get installed. Although the one in the tach is kinda cool as you can see how the engine speed & amount of boost interact with each other kinda thing ;P

The one in the tach??

tell me more

YEah like I said its not yet been confirmed if it can be used on an A4 but I have sent emails to the supplier and also ther person who wrote the write up on it.
But tbh id like to have the one in the DIS as that would be the cheapest seeing as the tacho install one costs $300 .

Yeah, my only worry with the DIS is that it might not update the display that fast. You know when you have it on mpg and it only changes every 2 seconds or whatever. If it did that with the boost readings I'd rather have the tach LED one or just an analoge gauge in one of the vents.

Looks nice. don't know if I would want it read from the ECU though.

I was also thinking about something that would allow you to specify readings on the DIS. I was thinking about temperatures.
It does ambient already, I would like: inlet manifold temp and exhaust gas temp on there as well. bonus would be intercooler inlet temps (compare to inlet mani to see how you I/C is working)

Less interested in journey time (i have a watch), average speed (still have a watch) and mpg (wouldn't be doing what I am doing if I wanted 30mpg!)

if someone produced a kit for that I would buy it in a flash

I cant remember the link to the one for the DIS but basically it uses the same DIS interface that your Std radio uses to display frequency etc, trouble is the brain to do it is about £250

Edit just searched for the thread this was discussed in before, the link is dead but the specs are below

$339.00 USD

Sensor Specification

Boost Gauge
-10 Psi to 35 Psi, available in Bar
dissolution: 0.1 PSI
accuracy: 0.3 PSI
In Psi, negative boost will be shown in MMHG, you ask on feedback we deliver!
Max alarm from 10 psi to 30 psi

Oil Temperature
-40 °F to 300 °F, available in Celsius
dissolution: 1 °F
accuracy: 5 °F
Max alarm from 100°F to 300°F

Volt Meter User can adjust from Bar to Psi, °C to °F, and KMH to MPH (and vice versa).
8v to 16v
dissolution: 0.1v
accuracy: 0.2 v

Speed
Max alarm from 10 mph to 110 mph

User can adjust from Bar to Psi, °C to °F, and KMH to MPH (and vice versa).

This is one option:
vbpgimage.php

Maybe too 'Jap' for many though.

Great find cheers doc but at that price perhaps its a bit crap,
Great point about the display packing up lol i forgot about that annoyance!
So I think I might go with the Tacho one if it is possible to do it with the A4?
It looks good!

Tacho looks clean, let us know if you get confirmation that its good for the A4, im def interested

Does it not tie up the ECU, making constant read requests to it for the boost gauge, or is this information always sent down the wire but theres just no device to display the info?

Its always there for the ECU to read so you just tap into it and with this tacho dial it gives you a way of reading it.
Once I get an answer back ill post it here no worries.