Chrome Mirrors Facelift Group buy

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
I know this is in the wrong section however I cannot post anything in Group buy so I'd appreciate it if the administrators would move this thread.

I've got the opportunity to but 9 sets for face lift from going fast in Germany. As far as I'm aware they are top quality

Price should be approx £62 per set Delivered which is approx £13 cheaper than ebay.

Anyone interested? This offer is open for the next 3 days. First come first served

Regards

Matt

were the facelift mirrors different than early a3's?

Supposidly - so I've been told the screw holes are in different places

Aky said:
I know this is in the wrong section however I cannot post anything in Group buy so I'd appreciate it if the administrators would move this thread.

I've got the opportunity to but 9 sets for face lift from going fast in Germany. As far as I'm aware they are top quality

Price should be approx £62 per set Delivered which is approx £13 cheaper than ebay.

Anyone interested? This offer is open for the next 3 days. First come first served

Regards

Matt

Matt,

fire some pics up buddy... are these the same mirrors that were in the recent groupbuy???

let me see em, and if i like em reserve me a space :icon_thumright:

Ross

As requested lads.

Come on guys need 9 people (plus me) to benefit from this. I am paying £570 for 10 delivered to my door, so by time Paypal has taken the money and I have sent them out this £62 Delivered fully insured will be the most you will have to pay.

Ok List of deffinates:

1. Aky
2. Darthvader
3. adamgroves
4. Nicklght
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

Polished chrome - can send them but would need extra money to cover the extra postage costs and would need payment by paypal. Cost to you would be approx £75 or US$145

I'm interested...

So these are not made of plastic?

Are they in-pro's?

Will they come with fitting instructions?

Has any one else fitted these exact covers? Opinions?

Cheers,

ICE

Yes they are in-pro's, They can be swapped over in minutes so it can't be a hard task, probably a couple of screws. Not sure about instructions but I'll put a step by step installation guide up once I've fitted mine if needbe.
I've heard good reports about the quality.
So have I to put you down as a definate?

Daniel Vzla said:
Aky, could you tell me the whole price including the long distance shipping? i'd like to be in

Polished chrome - can send them but would need extra money to cover the extra postage costs and would need payment by paypal. Cost to you would be approximately £75 or 145US dollars. I will confirm exact costs, but shouldn't be much more than this.

Don't mean to hijack, but if anyone is left with Noggy blue mirrors that they don't need, I would be keen to buy them. Thanks

one is chrome plated the other is a chrome coloured spray. The in-pro mirrors come with a chrome plating. I.e its metal plated

You say they are polished chrome? so do they look as the one at the left or right? (both are chromes)

00000001vj4.jpg

It will be the ones on the left, as in their listing compared to all the other listings it doesnt state matt chrome at all... so they will be supplied with mirror finsh chrome.

and yes they are plastic, but the best available apart from a genuine Audi product, which will cost you the best part of £200+.....

hope this helps...just adding my 2p's worth.

I see... they are chrome (as left)
I've been always searching for matt finish but I think for the 8L were never made.
The only matts I can find are for A3/S3 8P :sadlike:

matt_audi1.jpg

you sure they don't mean polish chrome.......ie from poland!!!?

simch said:
you sure they don't mean polish chrome.......ie from poland!!!?

Nope they are polished Chrome, in Pro's made in Germany...

Ah yes. First ones that came up. Saw the it said S3 and forgot the make a new one now. lol.

I've seen the 8l ones on ebay before. Nearly bought some once, but I noticed the real mccoy going cheap (off an S4 if that helps anyone) and bought them instead.

Darthvader said:
Nope they are polished Chrome, in Pro's made in Germany...

Look like they are polish......?!

SOrry guys but they look awful IMO. Surely you'd be better to just save your pennies and pick some genuine ones up off ebay. I have seen sets going for £120, although rare, you can pick them up for less than £200 and these are the proper things, the complete mirrors, not some chrome coated plastic........??
I mean no offense, but cannot see the logic in paying 60 sovs + for some plastic covers. Just seem like a rip off even at this group buy price!

simch said:
Look like they are polish......?!

SOrry guys but they look awful IMO. Surely you'd be better to just save your pennies and pick some genuine ones up off ebay. I have seen sets going for £120, although rare, you can pick them up for less than £200 and these are the proper things, the complete mirrors, not some chrome coated plastic........??
I mean no offense, but cannot see the logic in paying 60 sovs + for some plastic covers. Just seem like a rip off even at this group buy price!

Well thats your opinion. And you're a chopper IMO. Not trying to offend you. But lets not ruin this thread I'm doing people a favour trying to get these at a reduced price. I've heard good things and wouldn't mind a set myself.

MAte, if they were metal covers that you fitted to the original mirrors, for that sort of cash I can see it, but plastic covers in shiny chrome, that look nowt like the proper ones........?

If that makes me a "chopper", so be it, but when you can get complete genuine mirrors (albeit second hand) for less than twice that, I just think they cheap copy mirrors are well overpriced!!

Like someone said above, S4s have them too and there are more of them about in the scrappies and ebay.

Group by on blue and red "chequerplate" carpet mats anyone.....?!! lol

Oh and if its insults you want to throw about, ......well it aint me that'll be driving about with the chavtastic shiny chrome plastic mirror trims......!!

Lexarse lights next is it.......??

simch said:
MAte, if they were metal covers that you fitted to the original mirrors, for that sort of cash I can see it, but plastic covers in shiny chrome, that look nowt like the proper ones........?

If that makes me a "chopper", so be it, but when you can get complete genuine mirrors (albeit second hand) for less than twice that, I just think they cheap copy mirrors are well overpriced!!

Like someone said above, S4s have them too and there are more of them about in the scrappies and ebay.

Group by on blue and red "chequerplate" carpet mats anyone.....?!! lol

Oh and if its insults you want to throw about, ......well it aint me that'll be driving about with the chavtastic shiny chrome plastic mirror trims......!!

Lexarse lights next is it.......??

here buddy,

you've made your point, and you aren't interested in buying these mirrors, so could you give the guy a break and let him get on with his groupbuy..

if it's going to turn into a slanging match on the forum, then take it to pm's, cos honestly i cant be fuck3d reading through alot of drizzle, to finally see what is actually going on with the groupbuy.

Thanks
Ross.

OK, was not trying to hijack anything. Just passin an opinion on what is good value and what is not.

simch said:
i'd have thought the picture of the crap shiny thing in the guys hand would have been far enoughto read to make your mind up!! A few posts up from my first if you'd like to re-check.
In that pic both mirrors are ABS plastic, both Audi originals. They were chromed together. However the one at the right had an additional treatment applied. The pic was taken before I took the left one to be treated too.
Cost? $20 and they are Audis:salute:

InPros are good quality too, I believe InPro is a Hella division.

Yeah, I know they are both covers in the pic. But polished chrome one looks bad, the satin finish one much better IMO.

Of course the original metal ones are brushed alloy, people refer to them as chrome but they aint, (thankfully).

A friend of mine is a painter and he got some chrome mirros off the bay, for a mk3 he did. He scotchbritted them and then laquered them, and they looked pretty good, well compared to the original he started with! Maybe worth a go if these turn out all shiny when they turn up!

PocketRocket said:
In that pic both mirrors are ABS plastic, both Audi originals. They were chromed together. However the one at the right had an additional treatment applied. The pic was taken before I took the left one to be treated too.
Cost? $20 and they are Audis:salute:

InPros are good quality too, I believe InPro is a Hella division.

Thanks buddy now we have all the information and pics for people to make their own mind up. :thumbsup: