high miles s3's???

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
ideally looking at something around the 60K mark, but have seen an s3 with 90K miles
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200701264923097

could prolly get the guy down a fair bit on price but is it worth taking the risk?

Do they start to fall to bits after 100k or r they prettey solid, is it lieky to cost be more in the long run?

what r the AP racing brakes like? i take it they r 4 pots?

Yeah i think they are 4 pots, as for milage my S3 has got 113k on it although it did have a brand new engine at 95k. Ive been told they shoulkd be good for 200k, ideally though id go for something lower, only reason i wnet for mine was cause of the new engine.

All depends how it's been driven and treated. Does it have full service history and who carried them out? Worth a look at and just have a good mooch round and see how it drives. AP racing brakes are good quality kit.

90,000 miles, NAGARO BLUE. Full service history, Heated seats, Leather upholstery, Metallic paintwork, Pearlescent paint, Rear armrest,, UPGRADED 18" ALLOYS, AP RACING BRAKES, UPGRADED BOSE STEREO, SILVER LEATHER HEATED SEATS, CENTRE ARMREST, SILVER MIRRORS,

does have the rough spec that im after, dunno if im too keen on the silver leather tho

Dont know if its particualrly relevant to the miles or it's the age of my car, but my a3 has done 90k and the interior is a bit creaky - its to be expected and i dont mean there are noises all the time or anything, but maybe something to consider

Booth_S3 said:
bit off topic are you off PGAC?

used to be on PGAC but got bored of chumps thinking their wee 106gti's were enzo's

My honey has done 132k but had a new engine fitted at 93k. Recently had a major service done and this is what it cost:

4 x 225/45/17 Goodyear F1 fitted: £330.00

AVS Service inc Haldex Oil Change & new front brakes (pads only): £606.00

Replaced OSF top shock mount
Replaced OSF and NSF inner driveshaft gaitors
Replaced Thermostat and bleed cooling system
Total : £535.00

Bear in mind that it should have had it's cambelt and waterpump done before 70k otherwise it'll cost £450ish or a new engine.

For high milers my interior is very good, slight cracking in the leather but expected. Otherwise minimal squeaks from inside and all interior switches and lights work fine.

Things to make sure is that the suspension/driveshfts etc are top notch as these have been taken a pounding, not easy to check but bear it in mind otherwise it would cost you a bit.