advise please

ebbs73

Reaction score
coming home tonight my car dropped to 1000 rev`s and the traction control light was on , no matter what i do it will not accelerate,
after stopping and starting she`ll go for about 100 mtrs then back to 1000 rev`s , stopping and starting got me home ut i`m a bit miffed , every now and then the glow plug light came on and flashed , but it starts lovely everytime.

any ideas ??

02 a4 avant 1.9 tdi 100

thanks
chris

sounds like it's going into "limp mode" when the revs drop, there could be a few reasons why - have you had it checked on vag.com for error codes - that should be able to identify whats going on for you.

It`s a bit odd really , all last night i went out and tried it witout any luck ,
got up today , took wife and children to school in my van (nice)
phoned and arranged to have it looked at , went out started it up ready to drive there at 5 mph , starts and goes as normal ?
it`s now at the garage being vag com`d , has me lost.

thanks for the reply , was beginning to think i was alone .

chris

I remember reading something similar (it’s the glow pug lights that stuck in my mind) problem was linked to a faulty brake pedal switch in that post.

i read all the posts i could find before posting my own , i did rush out side to check but no luck .

I get my car back tomorrow I`ll post the findings

chris

hi to put your mind at ease its not that serious you need a new throttle positioning sensor this doesent come on its own so the throttle pedal comes aswell all one item cost me 55 euro when mine went and fitted another last week again usually the glow plug light traction light and abs light come on and the car sits at 11000rpm so that equallys 38mph sixth gear ha ha anyway its easy to change disconnect the battery remove the undertray exposing the throttle and there are two allen keys there and a wiring plug 25 min job so no stealers :thumbsup:

Im curious to know did this go did you get it fixed.............

story so far , the garage had it for two days waitig for a opart , a engine mounting sensor (ish) but i need the car and as it was back to normal picked it up .
then last night it happened again , this time when it went back the fault was there so they vag com`d it again and it came back as a faulty brake light switch 6.00 + vat total cost plus fitting (from a garage ) £13.63

so far it seems fine , i`ll keep you posted .
thanks for the replys , cheers tommy .

chris

I have heard of this before, if both of your brake light bulbs fail then that can send the car into limp mode too.

it`s been a couple of days now and seems fine , all this hassle for a £6 part .

chris