remote keys

205man

Reaction score
my girlfriends 3 button remote key for some reason stoped working it would open the central locking, so i tried mine and that started playing up as well, then also wouldnt open car as well

so i looked on here and found about reprogramming the keys, and did as instructions said, (put key in ignition, lock car, press unlock etc etc)

and result the key that i had in my hand worked again but the key in the ignition still didnt, so i put my key in the car and repeated but then my key didnt work and hers now does, and if id swap them again and repeat then mine works????

how i can i reprograme them to both work??, i dont have a spare plastic key etc

so is there away of doing both keys .....i odnt want to pay audi to do it and i d prefer both keys working

When you sync the second key are you pressing the unlock button twice (with a 1 second interval), to designate 'Remote position 2'?

Otherwise you could be overwriting 'position one' each time.

mine did that happend to be the transponder chip they become brittle then come off. i had to get another key off ebay take the chip off it and solder it on the old key was a pain in the ***! or check your batterys after all that i had to sync both my keys now they working as useual.

Key Fob Programming
VW/ Audi/ Seat/ Skoda

Remote Control Programming (1997 ON)
Procedure
1. Switch Ignition ON and leave key in the ignition.
2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key
3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn will sound once.
4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.
Note: When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure is exactly the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for different remote.
For example: If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.
5. Switch ignition OFF.
6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation.
7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.
8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote control.

Remote Control Erasing (1997 ON)
Procedure
1. Switch ignition ON and leave key in the ignition.
2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key.
3. Press the remote control unlock button 5 times in 1-second intervals.
A short horn will sound.
4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate memory erase.
5. Switch ignition OFF, all remotes are now tuned in..

Does anyone know if you can do this Key Reprogramming proceedure with the New keys (post 2004/5) in the older cars, 2002MY for example.

The newer keys look neat and are starting to appear on ebay.

Thanks in advance for any help