Pics of my S3..

s3shabs

Reaction score
Hi guys. Upon influence from my fellow S3 owners, I painted my grille surround and added a cupra splitter to the bumper. I think both mods look great and give the car a more aggressive front end, it really looks oem.
I gotta thank the forum.
I hope you like the pics. any comments are appreciated.

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

:arco:

how much have you lowered the car by, looks nice and neat

Looks fantastic how did you paint the grill? Lov the rims are they BBS Lemans? :cool:

Thanks alot guys..Yes they are LM's..19x8.5 all round..I notice the fronts stuck out more than the rears, so i decided to space the rears about by half an inch..(If anyone knows whether spacing the rears affects the 4wd system, please let me know).
The car is sitting on Koni adjustables.the rears has maximum drop, and im not sure how many mm the front is.I just lowered it enough so it would sit level and match the rears.

I actually work in my brothers body shop doing his accounts for him, but dont mind getting my hands dirty, so long its for my car :)
Firstly,I unclipped the chrome surround from the grille using a flat head screw driver making sure i didnt damage the bumper. Then I sanded it down with with and dry paper, making all the chrome like a dull matt finish. I then gave it 2 coats of plastic primer. Then 4 coats of satin matt black. Waited for it to dry, then reinstalled the grille.

s3shabs said:
Firstlt,I unclipped the chrome surround from the grille using a flat head screw driver making sure i didnt damage the bumper. Then I sanded it down with with and dry paper, making all the chrome like a dull matt finish. I then gave it 2 coats of plastic primer. Then 4 coats of satin matt black. Waited for it to dry, then reinstalled the grille.

..cheers for that doing mine this week

silver75 said:
..cheers for that doing mine this week

It looks great.At first I thought painting it black on a Ming blue S3 would clash, but it looks MEAN :gun2:

If you need any help, just let me knw.

Thanks. I give the car a hand glaze once a week.lol
I got the spacers from my local alloy wheels shop. They are H&R spacers and cost around £65 for the pair.

Looks great, how much is the splitter from the parts dept?

JohnS3 said:
Looks great, how much is the splitter from the parts dept?

Thanks. The splitter cost me £20 from ebay plus £6 postage for a brand new item. Only to realise later that they are £20 from seat direct.