New ARBs & Bushes

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Finally got my delivery of the goodies I ordered last week, just wanted to share some pics with u guys:

project grip:
19mm rear nuespeed arbs
22mm front nuespeed arbs
all round bushes (apart from bottom tie-bars which will be changed, and already got the engine mount on) enjoy...

Bushes.jpg

Arbs.jpg

I have these. You'll like them!

Are they powerflex bushes?

Defratos said:
Yup Powerflex all da way :beerchug:, so how much did you pay for fittin the bushes?

Sorry meant the ARBs - got standard bushes on mine which were fitted with all the new suspension so not sure of labour just for ARBs and bushes.

jediknight said:
why did you decide 22mm front? i thought the popular choice was 21mm front?

If we are talking about the Ess_Three set up, as we so often are, it was 22mm front and 19mm rear.

Regards,

B.

P.S. Defratos let us know how you get on with the powerflex once they are fitted. I've read positives about their effect in terms of tightening up the suspension, and negatives regarding their harshness and / or impact on the longevity of other suspension components. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with them as I had considered changing to polly bushes next time they need changing.

Just had my front ARB replaced along with all new OEM bushes when I had my coil-over's fitted.

I was advised / learnt from experience that the powerflex bushes are too harsh for road use. They will make the car bounce and the ride will be harsh.

my arbs have their own silicone/poly bushes that came with them (red), my bro has the full set of bushes on his Golf mk4, with nearly the same setup as me, and to be honest I prefer how his car feels over pot holes, speed bumps, judders etc.. I find it might more solid with the bushes in as the original bush has hardly anything left in it if you take a look, so it's nearly metal to metal for most of the time

Defratos said:
more reasons for fitting these bushes (just look at the state of the old ones)
rear_bush.jpg

Bushes-1.jpg

steering_rack.jpg

how does it drive? Happy?