New S3 details and final pics.

Festa

Reaction score
06-audi-s3-f3q.jpg

06-audi-s3-r3q.jpg

06-audi-s3-i-controls.jpg

The new Audi S3 has a 265bhp/258lb-ft 2.0-litre engine, 0-60mph acceleration in 5.7 seconds.The S3 also gets 4-wheel drive.It will cost £27,000.

It looks ok but it doesn't have the presence of the older model :motz:

Perhaps there saving all the "goodies" for the RS3?

Interior fantastic!

Exterior....lost all its aggression and what people look for in a "S" car

Hopefully will look better in the flesh and a different colour....not sure though!

yeah its all in the arches (8L) let down, whats with all the ****** lines everywhere it can be smooth & look good

They could be using the GTI for inspiration as that looks underrated and not exciting yet it has sold very well.Maybe Audi are doing the same to hope for similar success.

dont fontain do a arch kit for the 8P chassis

mintie said:
dont fontain do a arch kit for the 8P chassis

Its just not the same, the 8L S3 was defined mostly because of its arches. I hope the new S3 offers as much as the previous.

I agree it was the wider track, wide arches and clearly different styling that made the 8L S3 so special, I think the interior is spot on in the new one, I just don't think there's enough substance behind it this time - that said 0-60 in 5.7s is pretty rapid.

I think the styling is ok at the front, not sure about the sportline bolt-on side skirts!

Like the interior looking good!

Unsure about the wheels!

27k sounds good! and 5.7 is rapid i like..

I wonder 3.2litre with a turbo in a RS3 and 4.8sec's would be really nice : )

Didnt it say that S3 is as fast as the BM130i? I hear BMW are working on an M1 340 bhp according to car magazine which makes the S3 look silly.. if thats the case then maybe audi could retaliate with the RS3....

BMW wouldnt make an M1 no way 340bhp through the rear wheels it would be terrible to drive imagine. Has anyone heard any rumours of an Audi A1 ?

yep your right it is faster than the 130i (which does 0-60 in 6 seconds)
The 340bhp M1 is what was quoted in car magazine its all speculation at the end of the day

mattyboy199 said:
BMW wouldnt make an M1 no way 340bhp through the rear wheels it would be terrible to drive imagine. Has anyone heard any rumours of an Audi A1 ?

Are you serious? 340bhp only makes sense if it is through the rear or all wheels? just like an M3 but a bit lighter (probably not that much) - would be a quality laugh!