Dp Motorsport's Simota Audi 1.8T carbon intake

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
simotalogo3.jpg

Well ive been to Dp Motorsport today and picked up there Carbon intake. Im really happy with it and the sound and grunt is buzzin.

The only problem i had was the pipe where the maf sits the hole was to small for the maf to sit in. So i filed the hole bigger. Ive spoken to Dp about this and theywill see what they can do about the pipe

simotacb752.jpg

Here's alittle step by step

Pic of the old airbox
Dpmotorsports013.jpg

Remove the airbox and intake duct

Dpmotorsports014.jpg

Remove the maf from the oem housing

Dpmotorsports015.jpg

Test fit before fixing anything down (see the hole which ive had to make bigger

Dpmotorsports019.jpg

Dpmotorsports016.jpg

Install the maf making sure its facing the right way there is a little arrow on the top this should face the turbo.

Dpmotorsports020.jpg

Mount the amplifier on the mounting bracket very easy to do

Dpmotorsports023.jpg

Nice one mate. Looks good and great step by step guide. I think Ill be getting me one of them very soon!

well been out in it tonight i must say im soooo happy with it the sound is great big phat grunt then the spool of the turbo comes in like a jet fighter And Bang im flying

it has also inproved boost before on the way home from Dp i was just about hitting a bar but now it more like 1.1 1.2 then off to just under. this might because ive cleaned my Maf **** knows but im happy. the car feels more reponsive as well

I think I want an exhaust before the filter. But going to get one of those!! Looks good mate!!

It's was suggested that may be there should be a heat shield to help prevent the metal pipe work from getting too hot as it does now sit right over the turbo and cat and that metal pipe will absorb all the heat and stay hot.

nice, how much?
might respond well to an uprated turbo intake pipe as the OEM one is pants

no i dont have the std DV on the thing you can see is the Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve but its defo not the DV

but you can use the std Dv

the dv ive got is the dv36 twin piston

A21-0004.png

7=Crankcase breather
8=Non return valve for ACF
9=Throttle valve control unit -J338
10=Charge air cooler
11=Pressure unit
◆ For charge pressure regulating valve
12=Mechanical air recirculation valve
◆ Checking =>Page 21-24
13=Boost pressure control solenoid valve -N75
14=Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve
15=Solenoid valve 1 for activated charcoal filter -N80

so can you just remove the MAF sensor and put it in a new housing without problems?
I was looking at getting a bigger MAF but won't if its that easy

no its not that easy i had to make the hole for the maf alot bigger im waiting on a reply from dp about what they are going to do about this but if you know what ur doing go for it just make sure you have a round file ;)

no i meant in general. can i take a maf element from a 2.75" housing and put it in a 4" housing without any problems.....i would be surprised

billybravo said:
no i dont have the std DV on the thing you can see is the Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve but its defo not the DV

the dv ive got is the dv36 twin piston

A21-0004.png

7=Crankcase breather
8=Non return valve for ACF
9=Throttle valve control unit -J338
10=Charge air cooler
11=Pressure unit
◆ For charge pressure regulating valve
12=Mechanical air recirculation valve
◆ Checking =>Page 21-24
13=Boost pressure control solenoid valve -N75
14=Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve
15=Solenoid valve 1 for activated charcoal filter -N80

The Standard DV is number 12 which u still have on your car along with the DV36

sorry mate i know its not i took it off !!!!!!!!!!! and blanked the hole with the crome caps that come with the kit for baileys

YOUR ON ABOUT THE Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve!

you show me in the pic where you think the dv is and i will show you ur wrong mate

Yeah No 14. in the diagram above.

I wish they had located the DV there though as it would have been alot easier to change!

billybravo said:
NO for the third time

thats the Crankcase breather pressure regulating valve.

Watch your mouth i aint a child! Theres no need to be a **** about it is there mate i was only asking. Your the one who asked for me to show you what i thought was the DV. Havent had the Car long so i dont really know whats what. Maybe you should stop wasting your money on these bits and save up to have your motor sprayed a decent colour because what ever you do its not ever gonna look nice!

madkebab said:
Yeah No 14. in the diagram above.

I wish they had located the DV there though as it would have been alot easier to change!

no idea why they put the dv under the car on b5's :confused:...

madvw said:
no idea why they put the dv under the car on b5's :confused:...

Mine isnt under the car and i aint ever moved it. In that pic with the arrows pointing the crankcase breather, my DV is located just to the right of that.

billybravo - You will need to make sure you keep that amplifier cold as you know they hate heat. Will the standard intake hose not fire air right on top of that? or will it not fit anymore.

Mind that when the car is sitting still the heat will build up round the filter and the amp.

Its a pain in the **** that Audi didnt put the amp in a better place to start with like the other side of the engine bay away from the hottest part (the turbo). I have mine under the standard air intake hose and kind into the wing aswell.

i havnt tried that beerzo but i will at weekend :) ive also wraped the crome pipe now in kevlar so there should be no heat issue with that pipe no more (there wasnt that much heat building up anyway after a good long hard run the pipe was warm i could hold it in my hand. Ive wrapped it now so there shouldnt be any heat at all till the turbo) then the front mount should take that away :)

Why buy such a good looking kit and play around with.
Kit looks the dogs back wheels M8very Diff and Nice
Enjoy

If their sales service is anything like their products, they will be *****! I have emailed DPmotorsports 3 times and they can't even be bothered to reply. I guess they must have too much money, custom or ignorance!!!!!!