Little niggles!

B

Benisere

Hi all couple of little niggles that keep cropping up don't know if it's anything to worry about or not?

the first is gear change from 1st 2nd with a hot engine. After a decent drive where the engine is sitting perfectly at temp when I come to a standstill then move off and accelerate changing up from 1st to 2nd I get a horrible crunch/grind I've tried every scenario possible complete stop - slow acceleration
slow acceleration - letting the revs drop to idle before changing
slow acceleration - keeping revs high when changing
fast acceleration - ramming the clutch down till my foot is nearly in the engine bay!
variations of all of the above so now I've just settled for skipping 1st to 3rd which obviously isn't ideal especially of fast roundabouts. When I change from 2nd to 1st no issue at all.

the other is when I put it in reverse the heating/cooling fans totally kick off, they go on full power I can't think of any reason why it would do this? The engine cooling fan doesn't change just the internal I'm hoping this isn't the sign of an internal electrical problem.

really appreciate the help

Ben

The blower fan should go into circulate mode when in reverse to stop exhaust fumes coming into the car and this does normally sound louder.

Cheers Krony that would make sense! I'll check this next time

Ben