New brake pads, what are these like? : Ferodo DS Performance (2500?)

I think Westy has used these.

fast road ish, a mild upgrade from standard. not DS2500 spec.

Should be ideal in a road car.

Ferodo has a site just for its race pads, ds2500 are on there these arent so guess not quite ds2500 spec

120 seems well steep for something under ds2500 though.

If your only pottering about/commuting like me, whats wrong with Pagid from carparts4less? I changed discs and pads the other week for £80 after applying the £15 discount code CP15LESS (had to add pollen filter to get it over £100).
Dave

If your only pottering about/commuting like me, whats wrong with Pagid from carparts4less? I changed discs and pads the other week for £80 after applying the £15 discount code CP15LESS (had to add pollen filter to get it over £100).
Dave

I've always felt like wanting a little bit extra original brakes with simple upgrades. I've gone for Pagid disks and rear pads though.

Was there really a gap in the market for between oem and ds2500?
How much are the ds2500 for you vex?

Is there a smiley where its jaw hits the floor???

where not to buy from I guess
+ £3.95 delivery too...

lol

and folks moan about my prices! yowzer

Reactions: Vex182
Ill he honest i dont see anypoint of an in between pad. Either go ds2500 or oem spec. Brembo and ferodo do them both good brands. 120 is ridiculous for that spec of pad.
Upto you of course

Is there a smiley where its jaw hits the floor???

Specially for Daz:

jawdrop.gif

I thought the DS Performance pads were Ferodos best Road Legal pads still meeting R90 spec?
DS2500 having a higher friction coefficient when warm but not 'Road Legal'. (not wanting to open that can of worms again!)

Would be interested to hear feedback on them compared to a standard ATE or Pagid pad.

Reactions: daz-20vt
Hahaha. Thanks jim!!!
You know you are probably right.
Like bill says a stupidly worded regulation but hey, it opened up more husiness for ferodo!!!

DS2500 pads for a SAAB are exactly the same as the ones for the S3 I know this because I'm running them on mine, will dig out the box for the part number later, they were about £120 some £40 less than the same part for the S3 .

Nige

Reactions: Vex182
I thought the DS Performance pads were Ferodos best Road Legal pads still meeting R90 spec?
DS2500 having a higher friction coefficient when warm but not 'Road Legal'. (not wanting to open that can of worms again!)

I've not tasted that particular worm, ran DS2500's on my CallyT for a good few years and then again on both my CavT's, never had any issues stopping or passing MOT's....