A3 2.0 TDI 170 Injector Recall Problem

Mollymegan

Reaction score
Hopefully someone may be able to offer some advice as I noticed most of the similar problems to mine happened back in 2012.

I have unfortunately been suffering with the dreaded injector recall problem on my 2008 A3 2.0 TDI. The problem being
is my vehicle is doing active regenerations every couple of days probably after only doing 50 miles ! When idle the revs increase from 900 to 1000 and then the car runs badly – it doesn’t seem to be able to clear itself – the DPF light illuminates and that’s when I have to drive down a junction on the M40 to clear the light. 4-5 days later the same thing happens. Bad starting on cold days and jerking in low gears.

I had my injectors replaced in November 2013 and am still trying to get the problem rectified. 5 days after the injector replacement my DPF light illuminated (something which had never happened in the past two years of owning the vehicle). I took it back in to Ridgeway Oxford Audi at Kidlington and they carried out a diagnostic test and claimed there was nothing wrong with the vehicle – they stated the software update had changed the way the car ran and “that’s how it will run in future” told me that the car probably wasn’t really suitable for the way I used it anymore and advised me to either put up with it or sell it on !!!! Was fuming !!! I contacted Audi UK (who claimed my problem was the first they had ever heard of) I asked to have my car checked at another dealership – so went to Listers Audi at Stratford who were very helpful – they ran another diagnostic test and found three possible faults – G450 sensor / replaced vac unit / adjusted cam timing (£500!!) had items fixed but it didn’t sort problem. Have had numerous visits back to Audi at Stratford and also numerous phone calls to Audi UK (often waiting a week for that promised return call). After nearly 9 months of calls and trips to Stratford the problem hasn’t been rectified. Fortunately, I live 2 mins from junction 11 on the M40 so can clear the DPF light weekly. Last visit to Stratford I was told there was nothing more they could do and that it wasn’t a DPF problem more likely a problem was caused during the injector recall back in Nov 2013 as the DPF was sooting up far to quickly – suggestions were cylinder contamination or problem with seals. After 4 weeks of calls/waiting for calls back to and from Audi UK Oxford Audi have now given permission for Stratford Audi to carry out a compression test so its going in tomorrow – doesn’t look like I’ll be able to take my car on our family holiday on 2nd August !! Its getting beyond a joke and totally depressing – why can’t they just hold their hands up to this problem and sort it !!