S3 Sportback Aux issue iPod query

cshy85

Reaction score
Hello all, just got a 2010 S3 sportback with Bose and a MK2 RNS-E has been retrofitted. I believe they haven't connected the AUX so I can't play my own music. The only option is to use the SD cards. I stream all of my music off my phone anyway rather than listen to albums etc over and over. Few questions about options:

1. How much work is involved in enabling the AUX input to this unit?
2. Are there bluetooth units available to stream music direct and also use hands free with phone? I've used a dension gateway in a previous audi but it was a basic version.
3. Would it be worth buying a whole new head unit with nav and bluetooth included...how costly would it be?

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

Yes I suspect they haven't moved the wiring across, we can resolve this, we can also supply/fit the ami to allow streaming, ping me a PM & I'll provide the options.

Welcome to the site.

Yes I suspect they haven't moved the wiring across, we can resolve this, we can also supply/fit the ami to allow streaming, ping me a PM & I'll provide the options.

Hey, I messaged you.

What's the advantage of AMI over Dension Gateway BT?

I want to stream music from Soundcloud and Spotify so don't need to be able to go through albums. I would have control from the ipod. I also want bluetooth music streaming with a charger along with handsfree phone use through the RNS-E Mk2.