Anyone had this problem?

marian.scurtu.52

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, i had a go at ghanging the glow plugs the other day and i snapped one of them in the head, i was just wondering if any of you had this happenig and how did you get it changed in the end, can it be done without takeing the head of? And without paying more than the car is worth?

I had one snap in the head once, i called a good engineering company and they sent a technician to do it on the spot. It took him a few hours but it was done in the end. Only thing that can happen is the tip might break and fall into the piston, will do a lot of damage then...
If it does not loses compression then leave it alone, i don't really like to touch them and i always use loads of Plus gas and soak them in for a few days before + always i do them with engine hot and i use a very small Snap On ratchet on which i cannot put much torque...

Reactions: AlexGSi2000
Yeah.... I didn't use any spray on them and i used a big ratchet :), the first two came out ok... I've been to a couple of garages and talled them what happen but i don't think they wanted to help cause they talled me it will cost me somewhere between £1500 and £2000, for that money i could buy annother one like this or maybe better,