HELP! AUDI A3 Rear S Line Bumper with parking sensors question

DeeGee68

DeeGee68
Reaction score
Hi ALL!

I recently decided to upgrade my front and rear bumpers to look more 'sporty' and decided on the s line style for my AUDI A3 1.6. I purchased said bumper and was fortunate to have the sensors included with it. I would just like to ask a more experienced person, given that the inside of the bumper does not seem to have the plastic support with the long screws that affix it to the body of the car.

In fact it would appear, from my old bumper that this is missing. Unfortunately, I have scrapped the original bumper but 'cannibalised' the old bumper for the missing support. After modifying the support to allow the sensors, not having them in my original bumper, the new bumper does not sit firmly and there is a little play when you apply pressure.
I am just enquiring if you can purchase the 'inner' plastic support to counter this as it seems like the old support is stopping the bumper sitting flush with the main body of the car.

Thank you for all your help and assistance with the above.

Regards,

David

Here is a photo of the inside of my new bumper with parking sensors... It would appear that the plastic mounting is missing, hence modifying the old plastic mount to fit this bumper..... Thank GOD ASH is on the case :yahoo:

David

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 114