Armrest lid catch

Looks too wide to me.

Anyone got the name of the dude who designed the A3 arm rest and the number of a arms supplier?

I used some small 3mm strong magnets, it's not the most OEM looking but it works very well.

They were off eBay, designed for dolls house doors, apparently, I ordered 6 sets of 2 and got some epoxy to hold them in place, they hold up pretty good, alright fix for £20

Hi guys. The A3 3.2Q I bought 8 months ago has always had the catch on the armrest broken. Looking into fixing it now. Unfortunately I don't know what the catch looks like as its always been missing.
Found this on Ebay: AUDI Centre Console Armrest Lid Latch Clip Catch - black / E177B | eBay

Can anyone confirm that this is the right catch please?

Unfortunately there is no "OEM" fix for the armrest catch, only way to fix that poxy thing is to replace the whole lid which is pretty expensive

My catch also went, but for a couple of quid from the local DIY store, I got the magnetic cupboard door strips and then bonded it to the inside of the armrest and bonded the steel strip to the lid. Smoothed the resign out and hey presto the lid close and stays closed in the upright position. Looks ok too!!

Better than paying for a new lid, and how annoying is it when you put the armrest in the upright position and everything falls out!!!!!

Reactions: omblad0n
My catch also went, but for a couple of quid from the local DIY store, I got the magnetic cupboard door strips and then bonded it to the inside of the armrest and bonded the steel strip to the lid. Smoothed the resign out and hey presto the lid close and stays closed in the upright position. Looks ok too!!

Better than paying for a new lid, and how annoying is it when you put the armrest in the upright position and everything falls out!!!!!

Especially when people are in the back and they get covered with armrest crap

Hi can anyone help re my A3 armrest latch broke I have an new latch and spring clip original one I managed to get from a friend but I cannot seem to understand which way the clip goes between the lid and latch does anyone know or have a video I can see please

Hi can anyone help re my A3 armrest latch broke I have an new latch and spring clip original one I managed to get from a friend but I cannot seem to understand which way the clip goes between the lid and latch does anyone know or have a video I can see please
I just did the one for my 06 a4 cab and also had a hell of a time with poor instructions.
I also have a penchant for installing things backwards and li and behold that was it again.
Make sure the smaller flanged side faces down and will be where the latch clasps.
I was reversed and it quickly worked when done properly .
D'oh!!!
Best,
Dave

If anyone has the design or pictures I could try 3D printing you one, I have an Ultimaker 3

I've replaced it on my A3 twice.

See pic for replacement bought
b4ee38666c01359c64f3c0c1d97945f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk