MMI, Bluetooth and Spotify on iPhone

matski

Reaction score
Hi, I've searched thru the forum and have found a number of questions but no answers..

When I plug my iPhone in to the MMI (green cable) with it also hooked up to Bluetooth for handsfree telephone only, and then launch spotify on the phone I can't change tracks (using the volume control to skip just pauses the current track) and the list of songs on the MMI just shows the same song repeated a number of times. Does anyone know how to fix this so I get full functionality?

When I use Spotify over Bluetooth it works perfectly with full playlist, ability to skip tracks and album artwork even shows..

Any ideas?

When you say spotify playlist you can't view the playlist but you can skip tracks within it?

No, when I try and skip within the car it just pauses the song, however if I go on to my phone and skip it does as it should!. And I can't view a playlist at all I'm the car, whatever song is playing is just list 3-8 times over and over!

No, when I try and skip within the car it just pauses the song, however if I go on to my phone and skip it does as it should!. And I can't view a playlist at all I'm the car, whatever song is playing is just list 3-8 times over and over!

Will try and put some photos up tomorrow to explain it better..

Mines crap with spotify when it's plugged in. I have the red collar cable I think. Basically Bluetooth is fine as it changes tracks. But when plugged in it says it's playing the same track over and over, when you try to skip it skips to the next song in my ipod music and exits spotify. So basically you need to leave it to skip to next track at its own accord.

Annoying!

Which is the best colour cable for iPhone 5s if there are multiple cables?

Mine is the red collar with iPhone 5 but I use the lightning to 30 pin connector

Mines crap with spotify when it's plugged in. I have the red collar cable I think. Basically Bluetooth is fine as it changes tracks. But when plugged in it says it's playing the same track over and over, when you try to skip it skips to the next song in my ipod music and exits spotify. So basically you need to leave it to skip to next track at its own accord.

Annoying!

Tested with blue collar / adapter on iPhone 5 and just as above. Solution = use Bluetooth.

Reactions: The Challinor
Which is the best colour cable for iPhone 5s if there are multiple cables?

If you have tech pack: green collar cable

If you don't have tech pack: red collar cable plus genuine Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter. Note: green collar cable will work but some functionality is limited to tech pack only, whereas red collar cable does it all.

John.

Reactions: dorgs