Cars not handling right!

Greg-S3

Reaction score
I'm after some advice, recently I've poly bushed my lower arm, new tyres all round, new NSF wheel bearing and hub and had a full laser geo done and the car is tracked right! The problem I have is the front seems a little floaty! It grips well etc but when accelerating its tends to wonder right and when I let off it sort of dives to the left again! Any ideas?

Did you get a printout from the alignment?

Balljoints normally knock badly if there gone.

Did you get a printout from the alignment?

Balljoints normally knock badly if there gone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406062628718865

Check ball joints or track rod ends had it on my Audi and discovered I hadn't tightened the track rod end properley

Front looks fine, but that's too much camber at the back and the uneven toe will not be helping handling.
Have you thought about fitting adjustable rear tie arms?

Doubt the alignment is the cause of the problems you describe though.

I would be checking all front joints, bushes & the rack for excessive play.

Possible drive shaft joint problem if it's diving when lifting off

I had similar symptoms, was caused due to a sticky brake piston. Check the temperature of each front wheel, if one is hotter than the other, then that should be the culprit. Or as above.

I assume you have matching tyres?

I've found out what it was i think! Basically **** polybushes! The front bush is loose in the subframe, the insert in the middle of the bush is to short and the hole to big for the bolt!! Don't anyone buy bushes from ampolybush on eBay! Ordered powerflex so I'll fit them tomorrow and let you all know the outcome!

Sorted... Front control arm bushes (of eBay) fitted powerflex and now my problem is sorted!!