Black editon help

L05T

Reaction score
Can someone tell me when painting your grill to look like the black edition do you only paint the outer trim or also the inside plasticy trims?

Also i am upgrading the steering wheel, can someone explain how to remove the old steering wheel?

On my grill the outer edge is glossy black, the inner plastic are matt plastic black.

steering wheel is easy, turn 90degrees left and remove the screw cap at the back and undo torx 25 screw (screw won't come off the wheel but will loosen up), then recenter and turn 90degrees to right and take off screw cover from the back and undo the screw there... then centre wheel again, take out the keys from the ignition and slowly lift airbag off the wheel. once airbag is out far enough disconnect the airbag from the slip ring and place airbag down facing upwards.
then use a spine bolt to remove the centre bolt holding the wheel in.

Thanks guys.

Just been reading up that to install the FBSW and to get the horn to work I need another cable??

The airbag cable would need to suit the fbsw airbag... If your upgrading to a mf fbsw then you will need the airbag loom that has the connector for the mf buttons. Are you not getting the wheel and airbag as a set complete with the cable?

Yes am getting a complete set. Its a mf steering wheel. My old steering wheel is also mf

So will i be ok with the new steering wheel without having to buy some extra cables?

Your best to disconnect the battery and leave for 30mins to allow the capacitors to drain for the airbag system it only takes a milli volt to set them off. better to be safe than sorry.

J