Doh! Surface scratch

Louay

Reaction score
azyru6a5.jpg

Just did this unloading the car when a box of cans slipped out of my hands on to the rear bumper! Cars being professionally detailed in a couple of weeks so shouldn't be a problem for a pro?

No problem at all, I do these sorts of things regular, (I'm a detailer too) we get even worse stuff come in also

Thanks Lee for your reassurance. To amateurs like myself they always seem to look worse than they actually are but to detailers like yourself must be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to correction. No doubt you must see a hell of a lot worse. Thank again. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend

An amateur could buff that out with a bit of elbow grease and some polish. It'll look as good as new after your detailer sorts it :)

Reactions: Louay
I've got a similar scuff on mine that I've never got round to sorting. Do the experts on here reckon it'd need t-cutting at all or just a really good polish?

Purchase and get mopping yourself.

You can reward yourself after with satisfaction beers .

T-Cut is the word of satan among detailers I've heard :p. Usually the rule of thumb is if your finger nail catches in the scratch then it's beyond a simple buff out and needs to be filled / painted. Something like Meguiars Ultimate compound with a microfibre cloth will easily get minor surface defects like the one shown above out

Purchase and get mopping yourself.

You can reward yourself after with satisfaction beers .

An amateur could buff that out with a bit of elbow grease and some polish. It'll look as good as new after your detailer sorts it :)
Thanks Gaz & Ma3rc. It has always been my intention to get the car detailed since I picked it up at the beginning of March. Now in a position to have it done but I think £300 notes next time will be spent on a DA polisher and a decent kit so I can rectify any future imperfections myself :-S

Was that box of damn Mybrewger Slavskis that inflicted the pain but can also temporarily ease the pain ;-)

I've got a similar scuff on mine that I've never got round to sorting. Do the experts on here reckon it'd need t-cutting at all or just a really good polish?

One of the best products is meguires 105 and 205

Or you can use chemical guys v32 v34 v36 v38
V32 is heavy cut v34 is medium cut v36 is polish and v38 is a finishing polish or jewelling as Detailers know it

Reactions: Louay and Vertigo1
Thanks Lee for your reassurance. To amateurs like myself they always seem to look worse than they actually are but to detailers like yourself must be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to correction. No doubt you must see a hell of a lot worse. Thank again. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend

We get a lot worse in mate it's only in the clear coat so abit of cutting will soon remove it, car booked in for Saturday looks like it's been washed with wire wool all it's life so is a mess, owner has it booked in for full paint correction so that should be fun

Reactions: Louay
How much the detailer charging you louay and what you having done,

I wouldn't say it needs paint correction as that can be expensive I'd say it just needs an enhancement which does a 2 stage machine polish included

T-Cut is the word of satan among detailers I've heard :p. Usually the rule of thumb is if your finger nail catches in the scratch then it's beyond a simple buff out and needs to be filled / painted. Something like Meguiars Ultimate compound with a microfibre cloth will easily get minor surface defects like the one shown above out

Don't ever use T cut it's far too abrasive, its fine for a between coat rub down but chances are on a finished paint surface it will take the gloss and most of the paint off. If you have some throw it in the bin.