Audi a3 2.0tdi sportback loud hiss when accelorating.

zac morris-sadler

Reaction score
Hi Audi fans,
I have just joined the forum after getting a lot of useful info from posts that have been made here, Thank you all.
I own an Audi a3 2.0Tdi sportback on a 55 plate, yesterday I went on a run and heard a loud "pop" noise but the car seemed fine so I put it down to being something in the road, now the trouble I am getting is when I accelerate to around 1500RPM/2000RPM there is a loud hissing noise coming from somewhere in the engine bay. I think maybe boost pipe split as I still get turbo but maybe not 100%.

Can anyone offer some advise before I start jacking the car up and getting in a right old mess.

Thank you all in advance its a great forum.

Zac.

I'd say your right with a boost hose being split.
I'd start by looking at the intercooler pipes from the underside, hopefully one of those as it's an easy but expensive repair.
I'm sure the one on the passenger side has been known to rub through. I'd also check to make sure both pipes are still secure on to the intercooler as sometimes they pop of the clips.
Good luck in finding it.

It sounds like a intercooler pipe has popped of, take the under tray off and have a good look at the pipes going to the intercooler, I replaced one of mine last year from Audi and it cost about £40-£50 for one pipe

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply's, I have found the problem its the turbo elbow pipe hose part number(1K0 145 790 C).
I have ordered the part from Ebay it cost me £27 including postage
There was a huge split in the pipe that explained the popping noise.
I had attempted a quick repair until my part gets delivered with a hell of a lot of black electrical tape but as soon as I put my foot down pop went the tape. I will let you know how I get on with the new pipe when it arrives.

Thanks again for the advise.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply's, I have found the problem its the turbo elbow pipe hose part number(1K0 145 790 C).
I have ordered the part from Ebay it cost me £27 including postage
There was a huge split in the pipe that explained the popping noise.
I had attempted a quick repair until my part gets delivered with a hell of a lot of black electrical tape but as soon as I put my foot down pop went the tape. I will let you know how I get on with the new pipe when it arrives.

Thanks again for the advise.