RNS-E keep going to sleep mode every 20mins

alfredjunior12

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I recently install RNS-E to my A3 8L 2003 SE, with a plug and play adapter harness which I bought from eBay.
All is ok, except;

The unit just automatic goes to sleep after 20 mins into my journeys. I have to press the power button for it to came back on which it does straight away without the opening logo
on the screen.

Will it be down to my harness or it's a software issue?

Secondly, when I turn on the dash illumination light switch, all lights up except the radio.

When I remove the key from the key switch and turn on the illumination lights switch button, all light up perfect including the radio.

I have not done any form of code since I got the unit.

Any inside about these guys?

You need to code it to the car as an a6. Make sure the wiring is right! Have you adapted the wiring (can hi and can Lo) to the dis?

Hi Gops, thanks for contributing... I did suspect some coding which you have just confirmed as a A6. Are the coding the same for all A6 models?

8y2asy6a.jpg

That is a wiring diagram of my concert 2 with the available wires highlighted. I did follow the can H and L cables(2 parallel cable crossing themselves) , i can confirm they are plugged in Can H and L within the Quadlock RNS-E.

From my research, I did see this ". I have moved what i believe to be the green Bose pin from pin 5 to pin 7, and the sound seems pretty good (by comparison i moved pin 3 to 7 and i had farty bass)"

It's like you have to move 2 wires; K-Line and Bose. I do not have bose and my K-line from my ISO pins also correspond to my k-line at the RNS-E Quadlock end.

Do you have the A6 coding manual?