Youngest and Oldest S3 Owners

What age bracket are you S3 owners in

• Total voters

REB154

Reaction score
Having read through the majority of posts regarding the S3 and to some extent the A3, I noticed comments from some posters referring to their age either directly or indirectly ('wrong side of 40' etc).

This got me thinking about the range of ages of those that have either collected or ordered the 8V S3.

I think I might be getting close to being one of the oldest (I won't say how close just yet as I might be wrong).

So, just for a bit of fun (and maybe some statistical analysis :) ), how old are all you S3 owners/owners to be?

Last edited:
25 when I collected, now 26. First ever S3 (or Audi for that matter) and loving it!!

17 (and 1 quarter) Golf GTi
18 XR3i
18 half 205 GTi 1.9
19 205 CTi

and
51 S3 :)

This will be my first s3. I'm 31

Last edited:
29. Dreaded 30 approaching!

Mini Traveller
Morris 1300 Traveller
Austin 1300 Estate (GT in disguse)
VW Derby
VW Golf GTI Mk1
Astra GTE
VW Golf GTI Mk2
Pug 309 GTI x 3
Pug 306 XSi x 2
VW Golf GT Mk5
S3 8P
S3 8V
Not young, Old age pension - not yet.

Looks like the under 40's are in the majority.

I'll tilt the balance a little with my poll vote but will have to fight it out with bamber, graphicfx & TonySiv (so far) for the title of oldest S3 owner - I've not reached State Pension age yet.

Last edited:
Looks like the under 40's are in the majority.

I'll tilt the balance a little with my poll vote but will have to fight it out with bamber, graphicfx & TonySiv (so far) for the title of oldest S3 owner - I've not reached State Pension age yet.

I'm sure there's some one older than me and I'm into OAP age............

Reactions: Sandra
17 (and 1 quarter) Golf GTi
18 XR3i
18 half 205 GTi 1.9
19 205 CTi

and
51 S3 :)

Hello to a fellow spoilt brat! I had a gun metal grey 205 GTi 1.9 which I had when it was 6 months old and I was 18.5 years old. An absolute miracle I didn't kill it or myself. I still think it's the best car I've ever owned, I've had lots of cars that are "better" (i.e. more expensive and much faster) since, but none that I enjoyed or remember with the fondness of that little Pug. I'm 42 years old now, and my Wife's S3 is due in October so I can't comment on it yet but if it's half as good as that GTi I'll be more than happy.

Reactions: illingworth22
23 when my S3 was delivered last December but am 24 now.

Last edited:
Just gone 41.
How are all these early 20yr olds affording such a car?????

When I was that age I was knocking around in an ancient Nova..........

Reactions: Daz Auto
5 years away from 40:-( first S3 when I was 28.

Thinking back on it I have spent thousands and thousands during my twenties lol. My own car history has been:-

18 - Corsa 1.2 club
19 - Polo GT (was a Fabia vRS basically - 130 P.S 1.9 TDI - rare car).
20 - 120d Sport
21 - MK5 Golf GTI
23 - 130i M-Sport
25 - Polo GTI (1.8T version - traded in after 4 weeks!)
25 - MINI Cooper S
25 - MINI JCW (r56 version)
27 - A1 Black Edition
29 - S3 SB

Had a lot of fun though in (most) of them. I would probably have a bigger bank balance if didn't enjoy my cars so much lol

Last edited:
Working my **** off to pay for it! And my wife also who's got a new a3 cod sline at 24, no help from noooo one

Same! Worked my behind off for my house, car and everything else, no help here.

Reactions: carys3
Born in 1945 with an RS3! 90% the same as an S3 really...:yes:

Our RS3, BLUEY, took us from Cannock to Church Bay Anglesey last Wednesday just for lunch: a 320-mile round trip and used the A5 all the way through Snowdonia... :faint:

DON'T let age restrict your driving enjoyment... :racer:

Reactions: The Challinor and jimladallen
Hello to a fellow spoilt brat! I had a gun metal grey 205 GTi 1.9 which I had when it was 6 months old and I was 18.5 years old. An absolute miracle I didn't kill it or myself. I still think it's the best car I've ever owned, I've had lots of cars that are "better" (i.e. more expensive and much faster) since, but none that I enjoyed or remember with the fondness of that little Pug. I'm 42 years old now, and my Wife's S3 is due in October so I can't comment on it yet but if it's half as good as that GTi I'll be more than happy.

I know.... I had the 1.9 GTi and I only purchased the CTi just to **** off the salesman..... when I first went into the showroom and asked about the car he ignored me, I asked how much again and his reply was "if you have to ask you can't afford" my family's business had purchased a lot of cars from there so I found the name of the sales manager and bought the car that day... :)

Just gone 41.

but we didn't have such things as PCP's and Easy Access to credit in them days! Here in Ireland PCP's are just starting and car sales are on the rise.... unfortunately the Irish Government has a ridiculous Reg Tax on cars... my S3 with a few toys on was 57,000 euro (£45k) which makes it both very rare and also it will be impossible to sell on with the exception of a PX.

but we didn't have such things as PCP's and Easy Access to credit in them days! Here in Ireland PCP's are just starting and car sales are on the rise.... unfortunately the Irish Government has a ridiculous Reg Tax on cars... my S3 with a few toys on was 57,000 euro (£45k) which makes it both very rare and also it will be impossible to sell on with the exception of a PX.

Jeeeess that's some tax mate.

I am surprised so many people under 40, I thought the market for the 'sleeper hot hatch' was more for us older folks :sm4:

... when I was 17, I got mum's old car - a mk1 Ford Capri 1600 (auto)..... before moving on to slightly more faster cars !

Just gone 41.

I learned to drive in my mums Nova. The first car I bought was a Black 1.4 Nova Flair.

It's not just the cost of the car. It's the cost of the insurance. My insurance has become more reasonable since I got married and hit my forties. I know some 20 somethings who are paying over a grand to insure a basic Corsa and Ford Focus.

I can't see the results of the poll without voting. Anyone want to post the results so far - for those of us who don't own an S3?

Daz, next to the vote button there should be a view poll results button, that lets you see the results so far. :) x

Reactions: Daz Auto
Daz, next to the vote button there should be a view poll results button, that lets you see the results so far. :) x

While you're here Sandra, why do the voters' usernames disappear once one votes?