VVT vs Non-VVT ?

JimS3

Reaction score
Currently converting my narrowband setup to wide band, got the wiring looms, ECU, 2nd lambda etc.

Is it worth adding the VVT?

I thought it was as simple as just adding the VVT tensioner, but apparently the intake cams have different part numbers. (058 109 022 B vs 058 109 022 M)
Anyone know the difference between the two cams?

I've not bothered with it but just made a adaptor loom and then just adding the lambda sensor. Depending on who is mapping it they could map it to give you a little more power.

Depending on your power goals? If your going BT to me it's not worth it.

I've not bothered with it but just made a adaptor loom and then just adding the lambda sensor. Depending on who is mapping it they could map it to give you a little more power.

Depending on your power goals? If your going BT to me it's not worth it.

Parts gathered so fare are: AEB head, 550cc injectors, Badger 5 ported exhaust manifold, large port intake, decat and welly cooler.
Will be getting BBT hybrid soon.

Seems like a PITA to add VVT if there is next to no gain, especially as the tensioners aren't cheap.

Noticed the REVO stage 2 file for BAM engines is far more aggressive on boost up top than the APY, assumed this was down to VVT or narrow vs wide band?

no, vvt is turned off after 4.5krpm in std map..

it helps spool and mid range, but not top end

So is it worth fitting at hybrid level then, will the quicker spool be noticeable?
Will be coming your way for it to be mapped!

Do you know if there is a physical difference between the VVT and non-VVT cams?