Quick question - forge008

sebbie

Reaction score
Is forge008 DV for 1.8T Audi A3 only? Will it not fit 2.0T Fsi?

Reason I ask is because I could do with replacing my valve (currently standard) before getting it remapped. The chap doing it, said the forge008 is only compatible with the 1.8T and not the 2.0T?

If this is true, I'll just replace with D valve but I'd just like to know.

is that because its not electronically operated in the 8L? i have no idea.

But most people reccomend the OEM rev D or G, or that DV+ thing if this helps your decision, these keep spool time to a minimum.

is that because its not electronically operated in the 8L? i have no idea.

But most people reccomend the OEM rev D or G, or that DV+ thing if this helps your decision, these keep spool time to a minimum.

No idea either haha.

He recommended rev G, they have rubber on end of piston to seal it, whereas the rev D doesn't, which allows boost to escape.

No idea either haha.

He recommended rev G, they have rubber on end of piston to seal it, whereas the rev D doesn't, which allows boost to escape.

I dont think ANY are made to let boost escape... lol. i was recommended a D on mine by a very known tuner on here, mines an A3 so having a metal piston helps with the heat of being next to the turbo i think.

I dont think ANY are made to let boost escape... lol. i was recommended a D on mine by a very known tuner on here, mines an A3 so having a metal piston helps with the heat of being next to the turbo i think.

Well you'd have thought not lol.. but he reckons that because there is no seal then boost can escape before being recirc'd.

If you know something different for definite please let me know :D

Well you'd have thought not lol.. but he reckons that because there is no seal then boost can escape before being recirc'd.

If you know something different for definite please let me know :D

Im going to outright say he is wrong, mainly because, why would audi design a product that doesnt work. Theres a reason all the reliable tuners use D and G, i dont know it but im sure people will agree.
but if you want aftermarket its the DV+ thing that people on here use, im sure people have said its even increased spool time compared to oem also.

Replace with OEM D or G, previous versions had a rubber component that was prone to failing.