Help installing Xcarlink....

rej150

Reaction score
Ok so I bought an Xcarlink for the car and ive just attempted to fit but cant seem to work out which connections go where :-s

Ive attached a pic of the back of the stereo and a pic of the connections on the xcarlink.

Help very much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20140424_173916.jpg
    20140424_173916.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 20140424_174004.jpg
    20140424_174004.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 152
One of the connections that normally connects to the headunit (pretty sure it's the blue one) connects into the black connection on the xcarlink, then the blue connection on the xcarlink goes into where the one you tookout of the headunit used to go.

Then the ground wires need to go through some of the screws on the headunit case.

I think its the wrong kit. U got a link to where u got it from/part number? This looks like its for an 8L. The one you should have has a female block that matches to the widest block (top in pic). It'll then have a patch through for everything else to work as normal but also incorporate the new wires for the carlink

Ah unless you've ordered/been given one for a rnse unit.

The connections look very similar to the one I've got for my rnse.

Got it from a guy on ebay, it came from the same year as mine but your right, his must have had rnse.

Ive ordered that adapter, hopefully that does the trick. From pictures that ive seen being installed it looks like thats what im missing.

Got it from a guy on ebay, it came from the same year as mine but your right, his must have had rnse.

Ive ordered that adapter, hopefully that does the trick. From pictures that ive seen being installed it looks like thats what im missing.

That adapter looks correct. Your blue connector should slide into the adapter's green/yellow end, and then the adapter should go between the top black connection and the back of your stereo. Then, as smurfworth said, ground onto the head unit.