New custom exhaust, inner cabin droooooooonnnneee :I

J Eyo

Polo GTI (6) R
Reaction score
New exhaust done! However, in cabin drone is torturous :S sound deadening the spare wheel well and the old muffler housing/heatshield beneath the car, a lot, with several different products :I fingers crossed. Relentless 3" down, decat, 3" inch back, 2 big *** resonators to a twin tip (3.5inch) double wall. Out side sounds wonderful, inside, not so much, actually painfully loud after a little while :( so time to hit jay car and load up on the sound deadening! View attachment 32127View attachment 32128View attachment 32129

You sure theres nothing hitting or rubbing? You have good mounts on it?

i had this once too, its the fitting of the exhaust its hung too close to the floor of the car, what you need to do is take it off and hang is lower or make sure its not rubbing against the belly of the car under load when or if it flexes. take it back to where you ad it done and get them to set it properly

you've got straight through boxes what do you expect.
Tuffty found the same when he made his first system

^^^ What he said....

The original 3" system I built was horrible... boomy as hell due to the small back box... (sounded awesome under boost though lol)
20091121_IMG_3918.jpg

So I fitted a Miltek backbox instead and all was good again...
20100320_IMG00019-20100320-1727.jpg

...however the Miltek has a chambered section in it which is not the best for flow and was noticeably hissy at 400hp... so I made a new back box from a couple of straight through boxes..
20140318_201035.jpg

...this is louder than the miltek obviously but on cruise its no louder than the miltek was...

<tuffty/>

Tuffty's set up is perfect IMO, love to have something like that when cars back in.. But yes your boxes are straight through and makes it drone. Lovely tailpipes though!