No fault code when using GFB DV+

prt57

Reaction score
Hi,
A few days ago I posted that I had removed the Bluefin stage 1 from my S3 in preparation for a trip to Audi for service and MOT. I am also using a GFB DV+ diverter valve. If you check out the massive thread on the golf mk 6 forum about this valve you will see that some people are getting a soft fault code when plugging the car into the diagnostic equipment when using this valve. I am pleased to report that my car had no fault codes what so ever and so for me the GFB is an excellent piece of kit.

I had had also reported that the car seemed a bit lacking after removal of the map. As soon as I got home out came the bluefin handset and 15 minutes later my car was back at stage 1. Once again, no hassle using the handset. A trip along one my favourite routes confirmed why the S3 benefits from at least a stage 1.

Peter

Reactions: s3_trev
Hi Peter,
I've just ordered a GFB DV+ for my A4 Fsi Quattro.
Are you getting any noise from the valve or is it silent like stock?

Cheers
Phil

Hi Peter,
I've just ordered a GFB DV+ for my A4 Fsi Quattro.
Are you getting any noise from the valve or is it silent like stock?

Cheers
Phil

Hello Phil,
I do not hear any strange noises from the GFB, just the extra swish of the turbo as my car is at stage 1. Some people can hear a slight flutter at low revs maybe under 3000 rpm. Brett the engineer from GFB has reported that these noises are totally normal and not to worry. You do not want flutter at WOT. You can run the valve without the spring behind the brass piston. This will give you a valve that acts just like the oem valve but you do not get the benefit of maintaining some pressure in the inter cooler which is the benefit of these valves. Removing the spring stops the soft fault code appearing in some cars. As already mentioned, Audi did not find any fault codes in my car yesterday and so mine is totally OK.
Remember to give it all a good oiling internally including wiping over the springs. I also took quite a bit of time rotating the brass piston in the black housing with the spring installed in order to find the best fit of all the components so that the piston slid up and down really smoothly. Also, if the installation in your car is the same as the S3 you will have to hold the brass piston in place as it will naturally want to fall out until in situ. Give the housing that it sits on a good clean out before you install the valve so that you can be sure of a perfect leak free fit.
Browse through the golf mk 6 forum thread on the GFB for lots of excellent well balanced info.
Cheers,
Peter

Reactions: Phil