need piston rings stem seals and a turbo

Bennys3

Reaction score
as title wheres the best place too buy all these from? its for a 20vt bam engine?

had nothing but problems with my s3 since i bought it and now its just constant blue smoke out the exhaust! at first it was just on start up but now it just happens constantly on idle not so much when driving but occasionaly when driving but funny thing is keep checking the oil and it doesnt seem too be using any. totaly confused so its going too my mechanic tomorrow for him too have a look at turbo for play and check stem seals. he thinks it could be either stem seals,piston rings or turbo.

was trying too think of what could have been the cause of the problems the mods i have done since owning are:
decat
pcv delete
n249 bypass
s2000 air filter

and since owning i have done the following:
oil and filter change
new lambda
new spark plugs

anyone got any other ideas of what could be the cause?

anyone know where i could get stem seals from?

And once I have the head of what would I be aswell too replace? I know timing belt head gasket and head bolts but what else?

I got mine in a complete headgasket kit from Victor reinz on German eBay and it all seemed like quality parts.

Elring is an OEM supplier, a complete Elring head set can be picked up from Euro Car Parts for around £45

I once fitted non OEM valve stem seals to a VW Diesel engine and had to rebuild the head again a year later when they started passing oil. I I wouldn't risk it again.

Id say stem seals. Mine been the exact same for nearly 2 years. Engine still pulls like a train, makes 16 psi peak on standard map and doesnt use much oil. Im just waiting for it to go pop then rebuilding it.

Cheers for the advice lads! I've been offered a set of genuine stem seals so will be taking them :) but can someone give me a little list of things too replace while the heads off?

I would recommend changing the water pump while it is in bits along with a full timing belt kit (tensioner damper/tensioner/idler). £30 and 3 bolts for the water pump and another 3 or 4 bolts to swap the tensioner/damper/idler.