2009 S3 Rear Wiper Arm Removal

s3_trev

Northern Ireland
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there are a lot of threads on this and surprisingly this doesn't seem to be in the stickies for this section??

Anyway, like many before me I am having trouble removing the rear wiper arm off the spindle. Tried all the tricks moving it back and forward etc etc and spraying it with WD40. The whole thing just seems to be moving about on itself. Really dont wanna break my rear window.

One of the threads I found suggested one of these:

Battery Terminal Puller: Garage Equipment & Tools | eBay

Could someone tell me if this is a "good" enough product and will do the job?

Cheers.

I removed mine on a 2004 and like you I was scared of breaking my window. I just gave it a good whack and it came loose. Failing that I was just going to pop it to my local garage and ask if I could use their removal tool (hopefully for free).

Just buy a wiper puller of ebay, I have a good unit & works everytime :)

Did mine last week with a ball joint splitter, type with the bolt straight off no problem!

I used a bearing puller, similar principle to the ball joint splitter, just wind it in and it pulls the arm off nice and easy.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. It seems there is not one specific tool required, more a specific type of tool, with a few different versions doing the job just fine. Cheers.

I changed my motor on Thursday and had the same problem, I ended up hack sawing it off.

Reactions: mjr901
Mine is being a ****** Boydie lol, soaked it in WD there all night so will tackle it again today.

Well folks I can officially say I have been defeated. All this talk of an easy job, all I can say is this car is certainly not easy! Got a proper wiper arm tool, soaked it in penetrating oil, but it just wont budge!! So ****** infuriating.

Don't say this! I got the plug to replace the wiper in the post the other day, now just waiting to do it..... fingers crossed it comes off easy

Well if you are just wanting to plug it up you could probably attack it with a hacksaw...lol.

Done!!! Ordered a pully off ebay but broke it within 5 mins. Total rubbish. So my brother ended up fabricating one himself. Within 2 mins the wiper arm was off. Im quite happy with the result, although I am now contemplating de-wipering it!

Prep. Lol.

Done 1

Done 2

Custom made tool. Bro says it wont win welding competitions but done the job fantastically.