Advice on selling alloys

nsharpington

Reaction score
Not sure if I've posted in the correct area, so apologies in advance.

I was wondering whether I would be better off selling my 17" sport alloys with or without tyres. Just to get as much as I can to put towards some new rear lights.

Find three pictures below, I've only photographed one as they're all in the same condition. The tyres are 2 x Michelin PilotSport 3 and 2 x Hankook at 225/50/17 with, what I would assume, is a decent amount of tread.

Let me know your thoughts, still relatively new to the forum.

IMAG0067IMAG0068IMAG0069

They'll be worth more to someone (and yourself) with tyres. Measure the tread remaining on each and post them in the Classifieds section

MUCH less hassle and more valuable to sell with the tyres still on

They'll be worth more to someone (and yourself) with tyres. Measure the tread remaining on each and post them in the Classifieds section
MUCH less hassle and more valuable to sell with the tyres still on

Cheers guys, will scrub the rest of them up over the weekend and post them. Another query is how much to advertise them? On Gumtree in my local area there is a similar set for £150 advertised which has been live for about 28 days.

I fully understand they're not desirable whatsoever, ugly as hell, but just looking for a ballpark figure?

It will have a lot to do with tread levels to be honest. The more tread the more desirable they become as someone might want them as a winter set of wheels.

Reactions: nsharpington
I sold alloys with tyres off. Local place stripped 4 tyres from rims for £5 all in.
Makes it easier to box up and send.

Made more that way.

Bought set of 17" alloys to be used for winter. Tyres were down to 1.6mm. No prob, as winter tyres I bought included free fitting and tyre disposal.

So it all depends as discussed on depth and condition of tyres on your wheels.

A 'decent tread' to you if different to me. Best quote tyres depths...

Not sure if I've posted in the correct area, so apologies in advance.

I was wondering whether I would be better off selling my 17" sport alloys with or without tyres. Just to get as much as I can to put towards some new rear lights.

Find three pictures below, I've only photographed one as they're all in the same condition. The tyres are 2 x Michelin PilotSport 3 and 2 x Hankook at 225/50/17 with, what I would assume, is a decent amount of tread.

Let me know your thoughts, still relatively new to the forum.

View attachment 31645View attachment 31646View attachment 31647

Proper dimension for A3 8P is 225/45/R17 not 225/50/R17