Rust bubbles just above door blades S3

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have noticed over the past month or so 1 or 2 very small rust bubbles appearing just above the door blades. I know the anti corrosion warranty is 12 years and mine is a 99 model.

Am i right in thinking its the blades that rub the paint over the years ultimately causing rust?

Also, have any of you guys had this problem and if so any rough ideas of price? Probably going to the stone chips taken out of the bumper too at the same time. Anyone got any body shop recommends in my area (Portsmouth due to Uni, or Northamptonshire for home)

Many thanks!

Will

When I removed my front door blades they were a massive PITA as all the screws had rusted and seized into the mould.

Literally had to angle grind them off and drill them out! lol

I have got the tiniest bit of bubbling appearing above mine but not noticeable unless you get really close of giving her a polish :(

I have read that a few people that have had the door blades removed and the door sprayed, end up sticking them back to the door rather than screwing them back in to secure them.

Possibly what I will end up doing when I get my front end re-sprayed later this yea tbh.

I think that as the screws/door blade comes slightly loose from the door- like you said it will rub; but mainly it will catch/store a tiny bit of rain water/muck in the small gap and therefore with the rubbing will cause the bubbling/rusting to occur.

Yep !!

Got it on the drivers door, got the car back last December after a 7 year gap in ownership... PITY the family who has it after us didn't look after it one iota !!

SO... Sourced a good noggy door on eBay and getting the doors swapped over this week, if yours isn't too bad catch it early and get it into a bodyshop ASAP, the plastic clips and screws that holds the blade trim on are only pennies from the dealer.

Or just do what Rich has done and buy a whole new ****** door :laugh:

Bodyshop advised me to Chris! at least I found another noggy door in good nick on eBay :)

Says you whose just bought a do it yourself haircut set !! ratflmao !!!!

Reactions: kwistof
PMSLLLL

That is not me dude! That's Rake Ali of Splitter Scuffers fame! haha

If I sourced a door for what you picked yours up for then it would be a no brain'r tbh as Audi are a joke at what they want for the two front door blades...over £200 IIRC and they are not even painted!

I got the door with no blade, it was stripped down to just the glass & mechanism inside, my existing door will need to be dismantled to get off the wing mirror, replacement glass runner guides and the wiring loom since the "new" door was cut off the donor car with a grinder !! ... and I'll need my door card as well, sourced an excellent condition used black piano door handle trim while I was at it.

IF my current door once stripped down can be saved and the rust blisters shot nladtedc back and treated then I'll keep it but I suspect its scrap and too much effort to kill the rust and more expense and hassle than what its worth. ( paid 115 for replacement door inc P&P )

... didn't even realise the door blade WAS painted ?!!!

Reactions: too hot