Full Lock Noise?

j0nny2013

Reaction score
Is it just mine or does anyone else have a weird continous creaking noise when wheel is at full lock? either side.

I started ignoring it but not sure if its something that should be fixed!

Is it just mine or does anyone else have a weird continous creaking noise when wheel is at full lock? either side.

I started ignoring it but not sure if its something that should be fixed!

I noticed this today for the first time as its a nice day and the windows were open. Sounds like rubber rubbing on something.

Ive got the car booked in next Tuesday for THREE other issues so will add this to the list grrrr

I noticed this today for the first time as its a nice day and the windows were open. Sounds like rubber rubbing on something.

Ive got the car booked in next Tuesday for THREE other issues so will add this to the list grrrr

It is annoying, I have my car booked in next Thursday so i will also add this to the list.

Suppose you kind of expect it for a new chassis but then again tests should be done well before production. Everyone is having same issues.

It is annoying, I have my car booked in next Thursday so i will also add this to the list.

Suppose you kind of expect it for a new chassis but then again tests should be done well before production. Everyone is having same issues.

Ive also got a rattle coming at around 2000-3000 revs, a squeak from the brakes when coming to a stop and a different noise coming from the ACC when it comes to a stop. Ive got a sound clip but cant see an easy way to upload here

not sure how you upload sound clips on here, sure it is possible though.

I dont seem to be having any of them problems. I just had a bad rattle from the window when over rough terrain or speed bumps. This has seemed to stop randomly so bit confused.

best get it in the garage to get them all sorted!

Andy - I also have 1.8T Stronic and get this.

Mine sounds somewhere between a twig in a bicycle spoke and a small stone rattling around in a hub-cap.

Is yours similar?

John.

Yea I'd say that's a good way to describe it! Could well be the same problem as me. I'll update what happens on Tuesday

Thanks for the link Veeeight but mine doesn't sound like that. Mine is a more tinny plinky noise. It's definitely coming from outside but I can't get a recording of it from inside the car; will have to arrange someone to record me driving by.

John.

That would be great as mine isn't going in until the end of March.

Just going to collect the car. Apparently they found a problem with the CV boot gaiter. I will let you know what else I find out later