Upgrading from standards to Xenons....cost?

£££'s to do it properly and _legally_

high pressure washers, self leveling with sensonrs on suspension and headlights themselves are circa £450 each for facelift s3 items

tho others will tell you yo can retrofit kits into your headlights but they are not legal.

maybe they have had them Mot'd and not been caught, but it still doesnt make them legal.

yeah - you can get a set for around £300ish on ebay or the likes of. You also need a few other bits and bobs, such as new connections and the likes of - totals around £45. Then the fitting. It's possible to DIY, but you'd need to cut the wings a little bit and this puts off quite a few peeps (certainly me!).

As stated, they will pass an MOT, but they are still not legal. I guess thats similar to a lot of things, speeding, not declaring a mod etc etc. I guess the main concern is making sure the alignment is correct and that you do not blind oncoming users.

Note my costings there do not include washers and self levelling system, which I dread to think how much they would cost!

Hope this helps a bit!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers guys. Think its a no no then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers guys. Think its a no no then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask which puts you off most? the cost or legalities of it? Or both? TBH I seriously doubt any police officer would know/notice teh difference in headlight.

If you still want the updated look you could go for the facelift lamp which look the same but do not use the xenon bulbs. They are also much cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wicked666, save yourself a lot of trouble and buy yourself an S3 if you can stretch to one mate, you obviously want the Xenons, the BHP and you get the added bonus of 4WD, the S3 is the complete package along with slightly wider body and leather Recaro's as standard, so no messing around with it. I don't think it costs much more to insure an S3 over an 1.8T Quattro Sport aswell, not sure of your age though. I'm sure the S3 will keep it's value aswell, if you buy a good early example - You know you want to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

one of the other problems is that the self leveling sensors are on the front and rear suspension. Not so much a problem for the front, more a problem for the rear unless you have a quattro too as the rear is very different.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

have just installed GPS on the TQS so that I can track where you go Wicked666 and AVOID seeing you in black beauty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

JoJo - i was tellin Wicked about the meets - tell him hes goota go with you lot. Speaking of which, arrange one !