A Few Bits & Bobs fitted

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Following on from the 3M'ed dash I had some left over so I covered the rear window plastic inserts in them...

3MDI-NOCCEDAPILLARSUPPORTNEARSIDE.jpg

Did this offside too.

Then I fitted a humble 8" sub in the boot. It is driven sub and is rated at 250 watts RMS. I listen to a lot of Dire Straits and Eric clapton and is perfect for this type of music. As Rasa4 demonstrated to me when he came to mine a sub REALLY makes the world of difference!

MTXSUB-WOOFERINSTALLED.jpg

Next I fitted the Alpine HU. I had never had an Alpine unit before and always wondered why they were so expensive! The proofs in the pudding really. The amp in it is so much better than the old budget Sony one and this shows with the clarity of sound reproduction......It's bleutooth enabled too so making and recieving calls has never been easier. The best part though is its made for iphone and comes with a cable link up at the back. Everything is controlled via the HU now instead of the iphone.

2010ALPINEHU.jpg

I had got hold of some 2008 Audi tweeters a while back so I fitted these too. There not actually that bad! Now I have 4 tweeters upfront, these and the ones built into the co-axial pioneer front door speakers.

2008DOORTWEETERS.jpg

Not got a pic yet, but I also chopped off 2 inches of the metal gear rod. Shifts are now a little bit shorter and it feels fine! I sprayed the rings and quattro grille badge Aluminum too. I did have the s-line one on there, but sacked it off as I didn't think it belonged on a B5! I just don't like chrome so this is why I sprayed them aluminum. The only ballache was re-colouring the quattro writing after I sprayed it. I used a Halfrauds touch up pen.

QUATTROBADGE.jpg

Lastly I repaced the smoked side repeaters I bought to go with the smoked angel eyes. I have facelift lights now so I fitted clear repeaters.

CLEARSIDEREPEATERS.jpg

Thats it....Untill next weekend!!!lol!!

Ollie:icon_thumright:

did you remove the window inserts to do them? i need to do something with mine and it a toss up as i could respray them or aplly some di-noc carbon like you have as i have a couple sheets of that left

Yes mate I removed them as the bottom of them actually sit about half an inch down behind the rubber. The side that goes into the rubber surround sits well in too! I had never removed these before but once I did one side it only took 5 mind for the other side. Simply remove the doorcard, unclip the plastic covering that mirrors them on the inside, undo the hex retaining bolt and slide them upwards and out. I had to use a flathead to pry them out as mine wouldn't budge! Well worth doing though. Very subtle.

Did these too, Almost forgot.

Passat wipers...

PASSATAEROWIPERS-1.jpg

And a pic of the cut down shifter....

CUTDOWNSHIFTSTICK.jpg

wher did you get the carbon from im defo gona smooth my rear plint like yours and whip the wiper off mods look good how did u get your dash so SHINEY im part magpie lol cheers

Nice, looking good fella, wish mine looked half as good! I had been wondering if those rear window inserts came out ever since I did my B pillars, now I know how. Cheers dude :icon_thumright: