Rokkor Racing coilovers

Will these be a bargain, or a bag of?

• Total voters

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
OK. These have been floating around on ebay for a while now and I have been keeping a close eye on the company's feedback.

Item can be found here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160418809864&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

When I first saw them, thew had 3 feedback. Not good. However, now they are up to 186 with 98.9% Positive.

Looking at the item, they look to be OK. Hard to tell from a photo. They are height adjustable from 35 - 65 mm.

My mate ordered some, didn't fit them, said I could have them for £75. Sweet. Done.... Then sold them on for £100. Great - cheers then. :(

Anyway, I have sold quite a bit of stuff on fleabay lately, and had some dosh in the paypal account burning a hole so thought I'd give them a spin. For £152 delivered, worth a go.

Ordered today - so watch this space. I will do a detailed report on fitting, quailty and general experience of the item over the coming week or so, so that people know either a) these are a bargain, or b) stay away from.

I'll do it, so you don't have to! LOL.

sorry mate didnt re read it, just remembered it and posted the link!

Yeah, I posted in that thread.

As Jonny87 said

That would be me.

lmao dude you are a total leg end, we have been waiting for a guinea pig for these for ages, finally someone has stepped up to the mark (possibly rather stupidly considering his previous track record) but none the less i salute you sir :respekt:

i too have been watching his feedback and its mostly good, although most of his stuff has been shipped abroad, you noticed?
i cant decide whether the saving on cheap coilovers over the likes of a kw suspension kit would give a noticable difference on the road/track?

Meh. Speculate to accumulate.....

It's always me being the guinea pig....

Ahhhhh well. :icon_thumright:

Definately funny Welly as you voted that they would be a bag of sh@~. So good man for being a guinea pig!

I'd be a little concerned that the ad says they're for all models of the A3-S3 including AWD. We all know that quattro suspension and fwd are not interchangeable, so it's either one or the other. The pic shows a FWD coilover setup

Yeah, I asked him about that. They said they are deffo the right ones. If not, then back they go!

i made a post yesterday saying how these things are typically generic damper/spring sets and they put different mounts on so they can fit as many cars as possible

you wont find specific part numbers for 1.6/1.8/1.8t/tdi A3s because theyre all the same

id EXPECT there to be a diff one for the quattro tho for obvious reasons, but it will have the same spring rates etc so IMO avoid like the plague

but thats the same for all the no brand generic coilovers

when you order, see if there are specific part numbers for the 1.8, 1.8t, tdi coilovers. there wont be. its a one size fits all affair.
bbnk

Me too.

Even I've voted that they'll be rubbish - BUT, I don't like to condemn things without trying them....
on the golfs, they do ONE damper to suit mk1, mk2 and mk3. that just cant work.

i followed a mk3 to a show on a set of these generic coilovers and that car was all over the place. for a car that was mk3 weight (1220kg ish) it was badly under-damped and the ride was appaulling, it looked painful.

logically there is no way these will work, i wouldnt pay £200 to find out tbh

i think Welly is crazy, but he knew that a long time ago.

i do cross my fingers and hope it works out ok damping is such a critical thing. you wont beleive how many "testing" miles ive had to do just to get my Spax to "nearly right"

if it works out its a good £150. if not, your car will end up like my friends uber low A3, and she really doesnt like it anymore. looks the nuts and was fantastic going to le mans, but everywhere else its just harsh

Morning all.

Well, we might as well close this thread....

I received this email from Rokkor Racing:

'Dear Sir,

This kit is not available for quattro models.

We will refund you immediately.

Best regards'

Hmmmmmmm. Not happy.

So I reply:

'Hi.

Thanks for the refund.

However may I suggest that you change the title of
your item 'Coilover Height Adjustable Suspension
Kit AUDI A3-S3 8L' due to the fact that ALL S3 8L
are Quattro! All of them with no exceptions.'

Pantaloonies. Still, now we all know. Great kit. If you've not got a Quattro.

Strange that mate as they state in the description:
Specifics:
Lowering Front: TÜV 35 65 mm
Lowering Rear:
Engine types & codes: (8L) All models incl AWD

...the 'incl AWD' suggests the kit fits quattro which suggests they are a bunch of asses!!!

Wasn't gonna say anything before as AWD and FWD rear suspension is different and I assumed they would just send out the appropriate kit... looks like they don't know what they are on about and are just shifting boxes....

Bad luck d00de..

<tuffty/>

I know, thats what I thought.

Found another kit from another manufacturer on there though for £250 - may give that a blast! lol

still a lot of pennies though. typically, i beleive that if youre spending <£350 then a normal spring/damper kit is fine

if youre going into c.£500 territory then there are good coilovers out there

do not touch FK with a bargepole, not even Tufty's bargepole and ive not come across anyone i can remember (that used their car seriously) that were happy with those generic no brand suspension.

I'd be inclined to agree.

But occasionally - VERY occasionally - you can pick up a bargain!

Bilstein B8's baby....

Welly, I'll take you out in mine next time you are over the unit :)

<tuffty/>

yup, and ill have my fingers crossed for you

seeing as these generic coilovers do NOT seem to be tailored to the cars or engine combinations at all, i dont have high hopes

if you want a performance bargain, look at GMAX.
Gmax Audi A3 1.6 Excluding 4X4 8.96 - 03 lowers by 45mm Suspension Kit (40 AU 07)...
£ 210.99
Gmax Audi A3 1.8/1.8T/1.9Tdi Excluding 4X4 8.96 - 03 lowers by 30mm Suspension Kit (40 AU 08)... £ 210.99

no S3 kit

but there is a TT kit

Gmax Audi TT Coupe, Roadster Quattro 09.1998- lowers by 30-35mm Suspension Kit (40 AU 26)...
£ 331.99

Welly, I'll take you out in mine next time you are over the unit :)

Whilst I appreciate the offer dude, I'd rather not....

For two reasons.

1) I will want to spend lots of money on expensive suspension.

2) I will want to spend lots of money on expensive turbos.

Both of these = me getting my **** whooped by the missus. Again.

Whilst I appreciate the offer dude, I'd rather not....

For two reasons.

1) I will want to spend lots of money on expensive suspension.

2) I will want to spend lots of money on expensive turbos.

Both of these = me getting my **** whooped by the missus. Again.

Wuss!!... Its ok... she isn't on song at the moment and I'll drive slowly ;P

<tuffty/>

what quality? ive only ever seen them as proven to be bad

I was under the impression that the APs were one of the best bargain coilovers you could get. I know two people with them on their S3s and they've had no issues and the car handles well without being crashy.

i had a set of rokkor racing coil's never fitted them but they looked good,for the money your paying i sold them to a mate and he's really happy with them ...

Just order a set today out of impulse...I'll let ya know how I get on!