Insurance options. Hooooow much?????

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Because my car insurance renewal is coming up in the next few weeks, and it's a slow afternoon at work, thought I'd get a few online insurance quotes.

Admiral seems to be the cheapest for me.

After completing the online quote questions I thought I'd have a fiddle about with all of the options and see what difference it makes to the premium quoted.

Here is what I found:

Putting myself down as co-habiting instead of single lowers the quote by £63
Saying you have no dependents under the age of 16 lowers the quote by £61
Selecting different occupations I found I could save £47
Adding a named driver (with a provisional licence) reduced the quote by £46
On street parking instead of residential area parking saves £3
Adjusting annual mileage from 12k down to 9k lowers quote by £46
Claiming you use another car on a regular basis reduced my quote by £17
Even though stating that I already own the car, providing its registration instead of just selecting the year model etc saved me £32 :wtf:

I guess these savings vary depending on your other declarations, but for me, I managed to reduce my original quote by £290 in the space of five minutes. And none of the changes I made are actual lies, they are all true... in one way or another!

e.g.... single to co-habiting, change of occupation (i've got two different roles at work), added a named driver, provided car registration number, changing from resident parking to on street parking (there is a road 10 meters from my residential parking area), lowered annual mileage by 3k, and use of a car on a regular basis (my girlfriend's who I am a named driver on).
All legit.

Give it a try.

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF