Fitted my Autobahn88 TIP

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
after reading the thread on here, tried to find it, and couldnt!
i purchased one of these tips, fitted it yesterday and noticed quite a reasonable difference, spool up seemed a little quicker and i thought the car pulled slightly better.
so overall for 70 odd quid - it put a little smile on my face, and only 30-40mins to fit!

thumbs up from me!

Good to know - i've got one on the way!

Is it really simple to fit or are there lots of things in the way which i'll have to move first? Any problems with the fitting? Need any extra clamps etc?
Sorry, rookie questions, i've never really had the confidence to fit car parts myself...

need jubilee clips and you need t remove full airbox with maf, battery cover and engine cover, was suprisingly easy.... i'm a rookie too so you will manage it fine!

aww you got a autobahn88 tip, was from my thread. Ye really simple to fit, just make sure you have the right size clips before you start.

it doesnt feel as strong as the cold rubber one its replacing but im certain at higher temps it will hold up better...thumbs up from when i fitted mine, although make sure you have a 'bit' and wrench for the jubilees, id hate to use a screwdriver to tighten them, especially as the turbo end will require you to feel your way....

oh and word of warning, the backs of your legs will kill and you wont walk straight for an hour afterwards, so no marathon running!!

Not sure on the exact sizes as I just took mine to the shop and sized them up there, but they are roughly

50mm for the turbo
80mm for the air box
20mm for breather and something else
30mm for the DV
10mm for the N75

My standard TIP was pretty flat at the bottom so air flow was obviously restricted a bit, but ye when it gets hot in the engine bay they should keep there shape

Last edited:
im happy to hear that chris mine has arrived so will be fitting it tomorrow and hopefully ill have a smile on my face

Tsch. Another thing to add to the shopping list :(

Agreed. I really could do with one, I think my TIP is really struggling as my turbo gets ****** hot. I get that 'cavitating TIP' sound from the engine bay.

Which sounds like what?? Lol!

A whistly, sucky noise....

It sounds similar, I would imagine, the the sound created by doing inappropriate things with a Henry hoover....

henry-hoover.jpg

I hate ordering things from Hong Kong because they take years to arrive and its a ball ache if something gets lost/damaged in transit!

I believe the Autobahn88 ones (despite the German reference) are a Hong Kong jobbie mate to be honest.

I believe the Autobahn88 ones (despite the German reference) are a Hong Kong jobbie mate to be honest.

they are from HK. i put an autobahn88 set on my S4, it was overnight from Hong Kong and that really excited me

if its any comfort forge pipes are made in **** out of compressed plastic crap and everyone uses em.

sfs is the place for silicone. hand made in the uk!

p.s. if u say ur from the mkIV's forum they give u 15% discount