Rear Entertainment System \ Integrated Headrest Monitors

VAG_Club001

Reaction score
Has anyone completed or done the above Mod to an A3? I appreciate the headrests for the A3 are on the small side but wondering if anyone has found a suitable (quality) integrated replacement headrest? Loads out on tinternet but nothing that looks of great build and qaulity.

Seems ambitous but it is a Mod I would like having done but I'm holding out for a 2010 RNS-E which I plan to fit in replacement for my current 2008 version. Plan is to DAB the RNS-E and feed the digital free-to-air TV output to the headrest monitors but still have the option to indepedantly watch DVDs, also fed from an external source enabling the headrest monitors to be slim\discreet as possible.

Cheers

KKP

couldnt you just buy headrests already precovered etc if i recall isnt a specable option on an a6 or something?

I bought a headrest from another model (A4/A6... I forget) which fits the A3 perfectly, but can TILT in addition to sliding up & down. (No idea why the A3 headrests don't tilt already...) and I have a screen which I'm probably going to fit in it...

I strongly suggest buying OTHER headrests, since the A3 ones depend to some degree on the seatback being at an angle which can work for the person in the back...

Keith

if i recall some a3s do get the tilt, i was one of the lucky ones but im not sure what defines it

That's good info.

I got mine with pretty much everything in the interior, and none of the other A3's round here have it, so I assumed that it wasn't an A3 thing.

Keith

I need to check mine and see if they tilt...............